Femmewalla trip report

Calling all twisty loving speed freaks! This is for our female racers & trackday junkies.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Karen

Femmewalla trip report

#1 Post by Karen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:03 am

Hi all,
Last year I started doing trackdays, and I'm getting kinda hooked. Last December I went down to an all women's trackday at the Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in southern California near Palm Springs. It's a racer friend of mine's home track and she invited me to Femmewalla, 60 women of all skill levels for a trackday. There were beginners to racers, it was a super supportive environment and a fundraiser. The track was built just a few years ago by Mickie and Aimee and at the beginning their young daughter died and the Unforgetables Foundations helped them through. Femmewalla was a fundraiser for that foundation.
Here's a link,
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/fem ... oundation/

The two days after Femmewalla were open trackdays, which was also cool. It was a long drive but I have friends and family in LA so I fit in a few visits.

I want to do more trackdays and I'd love to share driving or pit together. Let me know if you're interested. I'm going to the Keigwin's trackday this coming Monday (4/22) and maybe Tuesday at Thunderhill.

I must have nearly crossed paths with y'all yesterday on the Mines Road ride. I went to the Frank Raines OHV park because I wanted to see the Trials event there. I've been wanting to try out trials riding for years and I think I may have found a new hobby! :-) (Dang was it windy coming back up hwy 5!)
Karen

maygoddess

Re: Femmewalla trip report

#2 Post by maygoddess » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey Karen...I actually read about femmewalla somewhere online recently and wanted to check it out. I am from so cal originally so a trip down there could be cool. Will have to read up on it and see if I can make it and drag some other ladies with me...please keep in touch here about this if ya go.

Patty a

Karen

#3 Post by Karen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:13 am

Patty,

I'd be cool to go this year with a bunch of women!
I found this writeup that has nice pictures. It always made me smile to be passed by girls wearing tutus.
Jasin Pridmore was giving rides, but I signed up too late. I'm told his rides are pretty intense. However, I did get a ride in the Mustang racecar which was crazy.

Karen

maygoddess

#4 Post by maygoddess » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 pm

Hey karen...we should plan for it!

You should join us on September 9th at Z2's Women's VIP Track Day at Thunderhill. They turn the novice C group into W group that day..so only ladies can ride in that group. CU girls go up to ride track or support...and some of us even sport the tutus only that day!! (see my avatar here..from last year's VIP day!) WE welcome all ladies to join us!! Check it out!!!

I will stay on top of the femmewalla details for this year as well!!

PattyA