Page 2 of 2

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm
by chiconaduc
maygoddess wrote: Let me know who wants to meet up and head over together and what time would work for you!!
I won't be able to leave Oakland any earlier than noon. Does that work for you? If so, where should we meet?

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm
by maygoddess
Wren..do you think you could make it to Vallejo area by 12:30ish?

We could all meet at the Chevron station across from Discovery Kingdom. You would take the Discovery Kingdom Exit once on 37...would be very first exit as you transition from the 80 to 37..you go left under freeway and it is just to the left..it is a Carl's Junior and Chevron.

If we can be there by 12:30ish and gas up and leave immediately..we could get to Sonoma by 1pm..that would give us some time to walk around, watch some practice and be there for the start of the races.

Does that work for everyone??

PattyA

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm
by BigSky
maygoddess wrote:Wren..do you think you could make it to Vallejo area by 12:30ish?

We could all meet at the Chevron station across from Discovery Kingdom. You would take the Discovery Kingdom Exit once on 37...would be very first exit as you transition from the 80 to 37..you go left under freeway and it is just to the left..it is a Carl's Junior and Chevron.

If we can be there by 12:30ish and gas up and leave immediately..we could get to Sonoma by 1pm..that would give us some time to walk around, watch some practice and be there for the start of the races.

Does that work for everyone??

PattyA
Patty, I'll plan on meeting up with you guys in Vallejo at 12:30ish. I'll check back here to make sure we're still on. Also I'm going to message you my cell #, I don't think I have yours.

I'm excited!!

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 pm
by maygoddess
I will be there at the Chevron station at 12:15..hopefully Wren can make that time frame as well!

Anyone else?


PattyA

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 am
by chiconaduc
maygoddess wrote:I will be there at the Chevron station at 12:15..hopefully Wren can make that time frame as well!

Anyone else?


PattyA
I'll be there 12:30 at the earliest. Gotta work Saturday morning. Will it cost anything to get in?

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 pm
by maygoddess
Hi Ladies,

The AFM admission is $12. It is HOT out there..was just there today to check out the Thruxton Cup races.

There is very little spectator shade other than way at the top of the very tall spectator bleachers along the front straight. All other locations will be out in full sun.

I would recommend wearing gear you can change out of into something lighter weight. Bring a hat and bring fluids. They have the concessions there but other than soda, not sure what else they have and it is cash only and more expensive.

Let's say 12:30 at the Chevron by the Discovery Kingdom..and will take off as soon as everyone arrives..so if I am counting right..we have

PattyA
Wren
Tina
Jen

Is that it?

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 pm
by Motomom
maygoddess wrote:Let's say 12:30 at the Chevron by the Discovery Kingdom..and will take off as soon as everyone arrives..so if I am counting right..we have

PattyA
Wren
Tina
Jen

Is that it?
Today it was decided that there are a bunch of us meeting up at my house at 11:45am to ride to meet you in Vallejo by 12:30pm. It seems that it will be myself, Wren, PattyJ, Jen, Steve, Tanya, and I beleive Barbara and Joel. Sound good? ;-)

Re: AFM Rounds

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:07 pm
by *chamorita*
Hi AJ: Hope you did well this weekend.. Sorry wasn't able to make it out and looks like I can't be there next month.. Bummer didn't see you this race year.. Hope to next race rounds.