AFM Rounds

Calling all twisty loving speed freaks! This is for our female racers & trackday junkies.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Message
Author
User avatar
chiconaduc
CU Supporter
Posts: 1852
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:30 pm
Location: Oak-town
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#16 Post by chiconaduc » Wed May 01, 2013 1:39 pm

maygoddess wrote: Let me know who wants to meet up and head over together and what time would work for you!!
I won't be able to leave Oakland any earlier than noon. Does that work for you? If so, where should we meet?
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

User avatar
maygoddess
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Fairfield, CA
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#17 Post by maygoddess » Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Wren..do you think you could make it to Vallejo area by 12:30ish?

We could all meet at the Chevron station across from Discovery Kingdom. You would take the Discovery Kingdom Exit once on 37...would be very first exit as you transition from the 80 to 37..you go left under freeway and it is just to the left..it is a Carl's Junior and Chevron.

If we can be there by 12:30ish and gas up and leave immediately..we could get to Sonoma by 1pm..that would give us some time to walk around, watch some practice and be there for the start of the races.

Does that work for everyone??

PattyA

User avatar
BigSky
Secretary
Posts: 1809
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: AFM Rounds

#18 Post by BigSky » Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm

maygoddess wrote:Wren..do you think you could make it to Vallejo area by 12:30ish?

We could all meet at the Chevron station across from Discovery Kingdom. You would take the Discovery Kingdom Exit once on 37...would be very first exit as you transition from the 80 to 37..you go left under freeway and it is just to the left..it is a Carl's Junior and Chevron.

If we can be there by 12:30ish and gas up and leave immediately..we could get to Sonoma by 1pm..that would give us some time to walk around, watch some practice and be there for the start of the races.

Does that work for everyone??

PattyA
Patty, I'll plan on meeting up with you guys in Vallejo at 12:30ish. I'll check back here to make sure we're still on. Also I'm going to message you my cell #, I don't think I have yours.

I'm excited!!
Jen L.
Yamaha FZ-09

User avatar
maygoddess
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Fairfield, CA
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#19 Post by maygoddess » Thu May 02, 2013 7:06 pm

I will be there at the Chevron station at 12:15..hopefully Wren can make that time frame as well!

Anyone else?


PattyA

User avatar
chiconaduc
CU Supporter
Posts: 1852
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 1:30 pm
Location: Oak-town
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#20 Post by chiconaduc » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 am

maygoddess wrote:I will be there at the Chevron station at 12:15..hopefully Wren can make that time frame as well!

Anyone else?


PattyA
I'll be there 12:30 at the earliest. Gotta work Saturday morning. Will it cost anything to get in?
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

User avatar
maygoddess
Posts: 648
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:29 pm
Location: Fairfield, CA
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#21 Post by maygoddess » Fri May 03, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Ladies,

The AFM admission is $12. It is HOT out there..was just there today to check out the Thruxton Cup races.

There is very little spectator shade other than way at the top of the very tall spectator bleachers along the front straight. All other locations will be out in full sun.

I would recommend wearing gear you can change out of into something lighter weight. Bring a hat and bring fluids. They have the concessions there but other than soda, not sure what else they have and it is cash only and more expensive.

Let's say 12:30 at the Chevron by the Discovery Kingdom..and will take off as soon as everyone arrives..so if I am counting right..we have

PattyA
Wren
Tina
Jen

Is that it?

User avatar
Motomom
Emerita
Posts: 2176
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Costa Rica
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#22 Post by Motomom » Fri May 03, 2013 9:52 pm

maygoddess wrote:Let's say 12:30 at the Chevron by the Discovery Kingdom..and will take off as soon as everyone arrives..so if I am counting right..we have

PattyA
Wren
Tina
Jen

Is that it?
Today it was decided that there are a bunch of us meeting up at my house at 11:45am to ride to meet you in Vallejo by 12:30pm. It seems that it will be myself, Wren, PattyJ, Jen, Steve, Tanya, and I beleive Barbara and Joel. Sound good? ;-)
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

User avatar
*chamorita*
Emerita
Posts: 4058
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:29 am
Location: Bay Area
Contact:

Re: AFM Rounds

#23 Post by *chamorita* » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi AJ: Hope you did well this weekend.. Sorry wasn't able to make it out and looks like I can't be there next month.. Bummer didn't see you this race year.. Hope to next race rounds.
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY
Image

Post Reply