Jezebel's first track day :D

Calling all twisty loving speed freaks! This is for our female racers & trackday junkies.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Jezebel
CU Supporter

Jezebel's first track day :D

#1 Post by Jezebel » Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:08 pm

Hey all,
I was just too excited not to post anything - so here are just a FEW of the bazillion pics that got taken at my first track day at Thunderhill (backwards day) on Friday 6/8/07.

Progression of the day -
Bad form Jessi! Bad form!
This is what happens when they don't give you the coach they said they would or rather, your "coach" takes off and leaves you in the dust!

Getting better because Greg (Z2 coach) found me and started helping

Getting my ass out of the saddle (which was EXTREMELY difficult since my leather pants were STICKING to my seat!!! Apparently you aren't supposed to be *sitting* anyway...my quads are so sore I can barely walk!)

Trying really hard to get that knee out like Greg said to do but between my restrictive leathers and puckering bung hole, it wasn't going on for me!

And lastly - my bike is WAY too low for this stuff...I was hitting foot pegs and toes on every turn.

SO MUCH FUN though! I can't wait for the ladies ride on June 26th!!! Now the only question is do I leave my bike since it's what I'm used to or do I raise it back up (which I plan to do anyway) and start all over again? Hmmm.... :) :) :)

Fanny Fligurl
President

#2 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:46 pm

Look at you out there Jessi! Great pics, and can't wait to ride with you and all the girls on June 26th.

Raise that bitch back up already!
:lol:
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#3 Post by CrashDummy » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Look'n good. How did those boots feel? Could you wear them on the street? Maybe if you put on rear sets you wouldn't have to raise the bike. When you do raise it I'll be curious if you notice a difference in clearance and handling.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

*chamorita*
Emerita

#4 Post by *chamorita* » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:30 pm

Looking good out there girl. Great pictures. Raise the bike up. I dont think you'll start from scratch. You ride well. Just be prepared to put your feet down when you stop. Cant wait for the girl track day...
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY

MistrissKittie
Curvalicious

#5 Post by MistrissKittie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:30 am

Awesome! Lookin Good Girl!!

:cycle
ImageImage

Scarlett
CU Supporter

#6 Post by Scarlett » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:38 pm

OMG!!!! You look awesome!!!!
Ya' know-I think you'll be more confident with the bike raised. No starting from scratch for you girl just a re-aquaintance with your old friend.
Take pictures! Take lots of pictures!!!
"If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it"

Craig Hightower RIP 1961-2007 "Long may you run..."

Flap
Curvalicious

#7 Post by Flap » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:29 am

Jez,

nice progression, congrats!
To avoid your front wheel from "giving in" and avoid to fall because of your material touching the ground you have to use more hang-off and make sure you put the peg pressure on the outer peg in turns, not the inner one.
Plus - you'll be much faster with a clean hang-off than with the upright style. :mrgreen:

Yes - no sitting on the track unless it's a straight. ;)

Happy to see that you had a good time!
Jana (still in Europe... :( )

P.S.: Raise!
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)

Big Cory
CU Supporter

#8 Post by Big Cory » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:23 pm

Jessi

im impressed, you looked great. Your descriptions on your photos were hella funny
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

Jezebel
CU Supporter

#9 Post by Jezebel » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:04 am

Okay, so the bike is UP...I'm on my FREAKIN' TIPPY TOES and it feels hella funny!!! But it's cool too. So far the only thing i've noticed is that I keep forgetting it's raised and I get nervous when I hit a dip because I think it's going to bottom out, which of course it doesn't and then I remember, and then I laugh at myself. I also do the same thing around speedbumps and a slew of other things. On occasion, I've tried putting both feet down at stop lights and once my feet don't meet the ground, there is a small instant of panic until I remember. Hahah. It's good though.

So far I haven't noticed any difference in handling, but I'm also not "handling" that bike like I usually do. My confidence isn't the same as it was but it's getting there. I suspect after the track day it might be better but thus far I've only been in the twisties once since it was raised back up and I spent the whole time becoming "reaquainted" with the bike as suggested by Gwynne.

Jana - as for hanging off, trust me, I wanted to but to be perfectly honest I was scared to go much futher. I'll just do a little at a time until I completely trust the bike (and the track), but thanks for the tip...I'll keep them in mind when I'm out there on Tuesday!
Last edited by Jezebel on Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns you more than him.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#10 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:14 am

Yahoo! Jessi has now joined the wonderful world of "tip-toeing" along with our sweet pea Desiree! Hahahaha!

Glad to see you're getting more comfortable on your machine, and I'm sure you'll show everyone what you're working on Tuesday girl. I have all the confidence in the world that you'll rock T-hill girlie, right beside the rest of us.

Can't wait!
Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Big Cory
CU Supporter

#11 Post by Big Cory » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:13 pm

what is tip toeing? lol
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

Scarlett
CU Supporter

#12 Post by Scarlett » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:41 pm

Jezebel wrote:Okay, so the bike is UP...I'm on my FREAKIN' TIPPY TOES and it feels hella funny!!! ... On occasion, I've tried putting both feet down at stop lights and once my feet don't meet the ground, there is a small instant of panic until I remember. Hahah. It's good though.
Welcome to my world Jessi!! I also include a little cheek slide on the seat if there is an incline or a dip. :P

Big Corey Tip toeing is a lil' thang you wont ever have to do
Now pussyfoot'n is a different story, no?

Jezebel
CU Supporter

#13 Post by Jezebel » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:54 am

Ahaha - good one Gwynne. :lol: :lol:
I know I'm a litte late but this post somehow slipped by me on the last couple of replies.

BigC - WHERE YOU AT!?!?! She's callin' you out! :LoL

Well, a little update on the raised bike. I'm feeling pretty good about it now. I definitely like having back up if for no other reason than it feels like a big kid toy now instead of a little 250 when it's parked next to others of it's kind. I still can't say that I've noticed much difference in the handling though but I might not be pushing it as hard as I used to.
There were many who said that once I did track days that I would slow down on the streets because street riding makes you nervous after the freedom from morons in cars not paying attention on the track, and I will admit that I have slowed my street riding down a bit. However, I will also say that is not necessarily due to fear of the moron but rather that I now know what I'm supposed to be doing and in order to work on the technical stuff (entrance/exit points, references, apexes and body positioning), slowing down is required. But I'm okay with that if it makes me faster and SAFER in the long run which I think it does.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!
The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns you more than him.

Big Cory
CU Supporter

#14 Post by Big Cory » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:33 pm

Jezebel wrote:Ahaha - good one Gwynne. :lol: :lol:
I know I'm a litte late but this post somehow slipped by me on the last couple of replies.

I am not on here everyday like the good old days so I missed it too. Responding now wouldnt be as impactful so I will save some of my wit for Gwynne at a later date

But you know it will happen, fo sho
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

Scarlett
CU Supporter

#15 Post by Scarlett » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:37 pm

BigCorySBFMC707 wrote:
Jezebel wrote:Ahaha - good one Gwynne. :lol: :lol:

I am not on here everyday like the good old days so I missed it too. Responding now wouldnt be as impactful so I will save some of my wit for Gwynne at a later date

But you know it will happen, fo sho
Should I be afraid? :shock:
Jessi has had not one but 2! track days that I know of! She's hot-sizzling!