Hooligans 8th annual Toy Run

We fully support other MCs, so feel free to post your goodies here.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

Re: Hooligans 8th annual Toy Run

#16 Post by chiconaduc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm

I can collect toys too big to be carried for East Bay folks.
I'll be at the Union City meet spot on my bike if I can convince my man to drive my truck with the big stuff there. Otherwise, I'll be driving.
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

maygoddess

#17 Post by maygoddess » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Anyone going to meet at the Pleasanton stop? I will go there as that seems to be closest one to North Bay. I will be on bike (hmm..maybe Gixxer this time) with saddlebags..can perhaps tote someone's toys if we meet in north bay first somewhere en route.

Let me know!! I am assuming if I am only one at Pleasanton..I just hang out and wait for all of you to arrive from Tracy? And then we move on to Union City before we head to oakland??

PattyA

LadyGadget

#18 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I was talking to Champagne last week and she said you, AJ, Helena, etc. could meet somewhere along 680 and head out to pleasanton together....if so, I'll be meeting up with you guys and head out to Pleasanton too instead of Tracy. Either plan works for me!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

maygoddess

#19 Post by maygoddess » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:08 pm

LadyGadget wrote:I was talking to Champagne last week and she said you, AJ, Helena, etc. could meet somewhere along 680 and head out to pleasanton together....if so, I'll be meeting up with you guys and head out to Pleasanton too instead of Tracy. Either plan works for me!

That sounds like a plan to me. Should we do our "usual" spot...teh Target shopping center in Pacheco/Concord? If so...what time??

PattyA

maygoddess

#20 Post by maygoddess » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Hey ladies.I found a page on Oakland's Childrens Hospital donation page about items they desire, unusual items, etc..not just toys..so thought I would post here as some of you may haev some of these items that may be helpful in addition to toys. I was looking around to make sure there were items that they COULDN'T accept...
But there are alot of great ideas here for donations...hard to think of stuff for teens..but journals, books, games, etc...

Items We Always Need

- Art and craft supplies:
•Popsicle sticks, felt, foam balls, googly eyes, colored pipe cleaners, colorful feathers, glitter, glitter glue, colored pencils, children's safety scissors, colorful tissue paper, bleached muslin by the yard, ZIG permanent markers, fabric paint or dye, and origami paper.
•New White Cotton T-shirts: all sizes, for children and adults
•New Picture Frames: suitable for decorating projects or displaying children's artwork (Frames with plexi inserts only; no glass please.)

- Baby items: plastic rattles, teething devices, wrist rattles, cloth books
- Balls: baseballs, footballs, soccer balls, gym balls all sizes
- Beading Kits
- Beanie Babies
- Bionicles
- Books: new or gently used, especially picture books
- Character Toys: such as Dora, Spiderman, Sesame Street
- Children's Books in Spanish
- Coloring Books: especially Dover brand coloring books
- Crayons & Colored Pencils
- Crib Mobiles & Crib Activity Boxes
- Crossword Puzzle Books: for both kids and parents
- Dolls: especially African-American, Asian and Hispanic dolls and Barbies
- Games: such as Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble, Battleship, Chutes and Ladders, Yahtzee, Life, chess, checkers, Boggle, Trouble, Connect Four and memory games
- Hair Supplies: combs, barrettes and scrunchies
- Hand-held Games
- Hot Wheels Toys, Small Cars & Trucks
- Infant and Toddler Toys: such as those made by Fisher-Price and Playskool, stacking rings and blocks
- Journals, Blank Books, Notebooks
- Mad Libs
- Magazines: for all ages, including magazines in Spanish
- Magic Markers and gel pens
- Mini Needlepoint Kits
- Model Car Kits
- Mylar Balloons (not inflated), Balloon Weights & Curling Ribbon: Balloons are used for birthdays and special events and should have positive kid-friendly messages for boys and girls ages 0-teens. (Get Well, Happy Birthday/Feliz Cumpleanos, Smiley Face, You're #1, You're Special, To Cheer You, etc., and characters such as Spiderman, Dora, Disney characters, butterflies, fish, are also popular.)
- Play Dough and Silly Putty
- Playing Cards: including UNO, Old Maid, Crazy Eights
- Portable CD Players: with headphone and batteries
- Puzzles
- Rattles
- Safety Scissors
- Scrapbook Supplies
- Spanish Language Books, Magazines & Games
- Stationary Sets
- Stickers

Unusual Items We Need
- Electric Toothbrushes: (Craniofacial Department)
- Gift Certificates: Safeway or Albertson’s grocery stores, or Target stores
- Knitting Yarn & Knitting Needles: all sizes (Family Resource & Information Center)
- Crochet Hooks: (Family Resource & Information Center)
- Magazine Subscriptions: People, People en Espanol, Readers Digest in Espanol, Jet, Teen People, Teen Vogue, Teen Voices, American Girl Magazine, Oprah (Family Resource & Information Center)
- Infant Socks: (Intensive Care Nursery)
- Measuring Cups: (Endocrinology Department)
- Sweatpants, T-shirts, Underwear: all clothing items must be new and unused. (Emergency Department)
- Telephone Cards: for long-distance phone calls
- Travel-size Shampoo, Deodorant, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste, & Shaving Items: for parents

Projects That Benefit The Children
Looking for an activity? Here are some ideas!

Travel Packs: Assemble comforting travel packs for parents, with travel-size shampoo, lotion, deodorant, combs, toothbrushes and toothpaste, and shaving items.
Cards: Create positive message cards for patient meal trays. Please make messages positive and general ("Thinking of you!", "Have a great day!") so they can be given to a child of any age, gender, or religion. Please do not use glitter or glitter glue, beads, googley eyes or glue-on craft items which might fall off and become ingested or become lodged in equipment.
Activity Bags: Create individual activity packets for various ages by packing re-sealable plastic bags with crayons, cards, stickers and things to do.
Booties: Knit or crochet baby booties (including preemie size).
Favors: Make tray favors or origami for patient meal trays.
Fundraisers: Organize a book or new toy drive, or hold a fundraiser.Visit our Plan a Fundraiser page for more information.
Sew: Sew a quilt or wheelchair backpack. Please use only new, not used fabric.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#21 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:47 pm

This is great info Patty, thank you for posting. I'll use our CU $$ contribution to buy from this list.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#22 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Do you think I'll get banned from participating if I donate a few Super Soakers?
Wren

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#23 Post by Hurricane » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:36 am

Really trying my hardest on getting sitter coverage for our plans this weekend, to be able to attend this and our Christmas Party. Even if I'm not able to make the Toy Run I've already talked to Jessica H. about meeting up because I've got toys already to donate. Or it could possibly be the opposite where Saturday will be easier for someone to help me with the kids rather then late Sunday... Ether way ladies I just wanted to let you know that I'm still trying but it makes it hard when my resources tend to put my answer on the back burner until almost the day or two before. They just want to know for sure that there is nothing else that they are doing to be able to help me. Fingers are crossed that I can make both :)
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

Motomom
Emerita

#24 Post by Motomom » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am

OMGoodness... Thank you Patty!!!! That list was so helpful!! I want to meet up wherever everyone else is meeting up at. If it isn't Tracy now, but Pacheco/Concord... I'm There!!! I will look for someone to post the info. K? K!! :0}
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#25 Post by chiconaduc » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 pm

motomom7 wrote:OMGoodness... ... I want to meet up wherever everyone else is meeting up at. If it isn't Tracy now, but Pacheco/Concord... I'm There!!! I will look for someone to post the info. K? K!! :0}

Tina, if you want, you can meet me in Oakland & we can ride down to Union Landing together. Lemme know...
Wren

Fanny Fligurl
President

#26 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:23 pm

motomom7 wrote:OMGoodness... Thank you Patty!!!! That list was so helpful!! I want to meet up wherever everyone else is meeting up at. If it isn't Tracy now, but Pacheco/Concord... I'm There!!! I will look for someone to post the info. K? K!! :0}
It all depends on how much of the route/ride you want to experience. The flyer offers meet-up spots throughout the valley & bay, but note that both directions come together @ Union City. I would suggest picking one of the meet spots PRIOR to Union City, as it's a little harder to find folks in a huge sea of bikes.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

butterfly
Contributing Member

#27 Post by butterfly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:18 am

Will see u at the meet spot 9am :D

Fanny Fligurl
President

#28 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:12 am

butterfly wrote:Will see u at the meet spot 9am :D
Are you riding two-up w/ me from Tracy, or from my house? Totally up to you sister...

Motomom
Emerita

#29 Post by Motomom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:22 pm

chiconaduc wrote:Tina, if you want, you can meet me in Oakland & we can ride down to Union Landing together. Lemme know...
I would love to meet up with you and then ride to Union Landing. Where the heck is that? Is that like near the Tracy meet spot or what? Boy, y'all know all these names/spots and I am like, "huh?" LOL!! :0}
Tina....

Motomom
Emerita

#30 Post by Motomom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:It all depends on how much of the route/ride you want to experience.
I want to expereince as much of the ride as possible. That's why I was willing to go to Tracy, but just want to meet up with some of my sisters. Ya know?
Tina....