August 2012 Ride - A Tour of Marin/Sonoma!

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

Re: August 2012 Ride - A Tour of Marin/Sonoma!

#16 Post by Rollin on 3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:47 pm

CrashDummy wrote: Annamarie will you be on two, three or four wheels?
I havent decided how many wheels I will be on. Lol but for sure I will have a big smile oh and some clothes.hahahhah :grin:
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#17 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:09 pm

If you forget the clothes, your big smile will be contagious. Especially on two or three wheels.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

maygoddess

#18 Post by maygoddess » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:26 pm

HoneyBadger wrote:Sorry for the confusion folks, I've updated the directions to try to reflect this better...

is the google map link under the admin ride area updated or is that old version of this route?

Anyway to get updated if not? I need to put in my phone so I can have GPS navigate me through. I cannot read taped directions on my tank as I go...old bad eyes!

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#19 Post by HoneyBadger » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Patty, that map was fine from the beginning, just no one looked at it before trying the ride....:)
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

LadyGadget

#20 Post by LadyGadget » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:19 pm

LOL!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#21 Post by CrashDummy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:35 pm

That was a fun day of riding. I hope the guy who went over the handlebars and landed on his back is getting better. See you next Saturday. There should be a wet or no tee-shirt contest. A group of women motorcycle riders has an image to maintain. Curve Unit has what it takes to keep the image of lusty motorcycle mamas alive. I know you don't really have a wet tee shirt contest. I just tell people that to get more people to show up. It is for a good cause that I lie. I hope my lying efforts are appreciated. Of course I am kidding. Thank you AJ for planning a ride that included the coast on a warm day and twenty-six different roads. Let's do it again before winter.

LadyGadget

#22 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Just so you know, Phil is ok. He did crack a vertebrae and really banged up his knee but he'll be ok. Thank you Randy for saving Cynthia from the dreaded ditch of Bodega Bay Schoolhouse Beach.... 8-)

LadyGadget

#23 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:41 pm

CrashDummy wrote:That was a fun day of riding. I hope the guy who went over the handlebars and landed on his back is getting better. See you next Saturday. There should be a wet or no tee-shirt contest. A group of women motorcycle riders has an image to maintain. Curve Unit has what it takes to keep the image of lusty motorcycle mamas alive. I know you don't really have a wet tee shirt contest. I just tell people that to get more people to show up. It is for a good cause that I lie. I hope my lying efforts are appreciated. Of course I am kidding. Thank you AJ for planning a ride that included the coast on a warm day and twenty-six different roads. Let's do it again before winter.

Randy, how much will you pay CU/PBTF for me NOT to be in the Wet Tee Shirt contest???

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#24 Post by CrashDummy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 pm

LadyGadget wrote:

Randy, how much will you pay CU/PBTF for me NOT to be in the Wet Tee Shirt contest???
What's the matter Patty?
Is there migration south of the belly button border without back support?
Is Helena feeling smug now because she never was way out there? Never mind a passe' wet tee shirt contest. Curve Unit should raise money for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation by putting on a Naked Women's Motorcycle Ride. Think of the publicity it would get. All you would have to do is a five mile safe speed ride wearing nothing but helmets, gloves, boots and knee pads... just in case someone goes down. I'm sure you will all end up on the day time talk show circuit wearing the actual gear you wore on the successful money raising ride. One of the show producers might even pay to get you all out of jail. :lol:

butterfly
Contributing Member

#25 Post by butterfly » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:39 am

Wow :lol: Randy you sure have a big imagination going on there!! Lmaoo

Fanny Fligurl
President

#26 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:50 pm

What a stellar ride, despite the bee & wasp invasion. Was great to meet Erin & Allan, along with the guy rockin' the old school beemer (nice job man!). Joel joined us for the first time, along with Ken-doll. And of course, thanks to our returning supporters Randy, Steve, Tim, Kevin, Nikki, and the super tall girl that Randy strangely knows too much about. LOL!

All of you made our day wonderful, and can't wait to ride with you again. See you at the BBQ this Saturday, 2-7pm in Livermore. It's going to be off the hook!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#27 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 am

butterfly wrote:Wow :lol: Randy you sure have a big imagination going on there!! Lmaoo
It is a big imagination and it is going on...THERE all the time. :grin:

maygoddess

#28 Post by maygoddess » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:What a stellar ride, despite the bee & wasp invasion. Was great to meet Erin & Allan, along with the guy rockin' the old school beemer (nice job man!). Joel joined us for the first time, along with Ken-doll. And of course, thanks to our returning supporters Randy, Steve, Tim, Kevin, Nikki, and the super tall girl that Randy strangely knows too much about. LOL!

All of you made our day wonderful, and can't wait to ride with you again. See you at the BBQ this Saturday, 2-7pm in Livermore. It's going to be off the hook!
I think the really tall girl is Carrie. She rides the gixxer. She is twinkybuns on BARF. I rode with her before on barfette ride. Nice gal.

NinjaMama
Emerita

#29 Post by NinjaMama » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:01 pm

Ol' school Beemer guy is Chris. He seems like a very nice guy. We met him on last months ride when we stopped at Tilden Park.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.