September SoCal Weekend?

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Fanny Fligurl
President

September SoCal Weekend?

#1 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Hey girls,

I spoke with a blast from the past today, and our darling Loops has found herself a new crew in L.A. We've been talking about hitting the twisties in SoCal for years now, and Loops really wants to make this happen. We would have a free place to stay, and her crew will arrange a couple killer rides for us to hit.

Agenda would look something like this - Saturday morning departure, roll into L.A. mid-afternoon. Get freshened up and have some dinner, followed by dancing our butts off. Sunday would be a CANYON day, and Loops' crew will put together some great roads for us. Depart Monday mid-morning after we've had a nice relaxing breakfast together.

I really want to make this happen, and September is our slowest month of this season. Anyone down to embrace "SoCal Style" for a weekend in September?
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

Re: September SoCal Weekend?

#2 Post by Rollin on 3 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:26 pm

This sounds awesome! I cancelled my Vegas trip to do motor road trip instead. But I start school right after Labor Day. So, Im only avail August 24th weekend and Labor Day weekend but that might be too congested on the road. Please plan ahead and I will try my best to attend.

Thanks to the ladies in SoCal for the invite;)
Last edited by Rollin on 3 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#3 Post by HoneyBadger » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:27 am

I may be down with this if I can arrange the time off work...the further in advance I know, the better.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

maygoddess

#4 Post by maygoddess » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:37 am

Hey now! yes! Would love to depending on the weekend. I am actually headed down to L.A. the august weekend of our ride..unfortunately have to work the LA Food and Wine fest that weekend for my client soooo..no choice.

BUT..if you can find out which weekend..and WHERE in L.A. they would be hosting us? If we need more room..we could store a few girls at my parents house in venice..near the beach yeah! May not have time for that..but option anyway!!

Let's do it!!

Patty

Motomom
Emerita

#5 Post by Motomom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 pm

HoneyBadger wrote:I may be down with this if I can arrange the time off work...the further in advance I know, the better.
Ditto, for me!!! Sounds real doable because of the go Saturday and back on Monday.
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

LadyGadget

#6 Post by LadyGadget » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

That schedule would work for me. I've done used up a lot of off time due the interruption in my schedule in last weeks... But I would love this. Especially on Carlos, the Most Interesting Motorcycle In the World....
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#7 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Ok, Loops is down for September. She will talk to her Prez about hosting a couple canyon rides for us. She also wants to take us to Hermosa Beach for dinner and small-town dancing one night. Nothing out of control, since we'll need to be up early to hit those twisties.

Ok, officially excited!! How about Sept. 22-24 / Sat-Mon? Gives us ample body rest between our CU monthly ride and the R4K.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Motomom
Emerita

#8 Post by Motomom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Awesome!!!! On my calendar!!! :dance:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#9 Post by chiconaduc » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

So is this a trailer down to SoCal trip or a ride down? Sounds like fun, but I don't want to burn a set of tires riding down & back.
LadyGadget wrote:That schedule would work for me. I've done used up a lot of off time due the interruption in my schedule in last weeks... But I would love this. Especially on Carlos, the Most Interesting Motorcycle In the World....
And why, per tell, does your German machine have a Latin name?
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

maygoddess

#10 Post by maygoddess » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:Ok, Loops is down for September. She will talk to her Prez about hosting a couple canyon rides for us. She also wants to take us to Hermosa Beach for dinner and small-town dancing one night. Nothing out of control, since we'll need to be up early to hit those twisties.

Ok, officially excited!! How about Sept. 22-24 / Sat-Mon? Gives us ample body rest between our CU monthly ride and the R4K.

This should work..and to Wren's question..trailering down or riding down? I am cool either way. Would be nice to finally do the ride down there.

Any idea WHERE in L.A. our sleeping arrangement would be?

Fanny Fligurl
President

#11 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

Loops lives in Carson.

LadyGadget

#12 Post by LadyGadget » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:47 pm

And why, per tell, does your German machine have a Latin name?
Because he is The Most Interesting Motorcycle in the World.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#13 Post by Rollin on 3 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:Ok, Loops is down for September. She will talk to her Prez about hosting a couple canyon rides for us. She also wants to take us to Hermosa Beach for dinner and small-town dancing one night. Nothing out of control, since we'll need to be up early to hit those twisties.

Ok Ladies, I just set this weekend for SoCal! Sept. 22-24
Let's work out the details. Trailer or riding? I can tow 3 bikes (I have to double check the weight because I might be able to do 4)
I can leave any time Friday evening if anyone wants to do an extra night.
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

*chamorita*
Emerita

#14 Post by *chamorita* » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm

This is awesome. I would love to ride and see Loops too. Unfortunately, I can't make this trip. Hope to another time. Have fun!!!
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY