November's Ride. Ladies Afternoon Delight.....

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

Re: November's Ride. Ladies Afternoon Delight.....

#16 Post by Rollin on 3 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:07 am

BeautyandtheBeast wrote:Looks like the reverse rain dance worked after all. Thanks Anamarie.

Oh yee-haw! You know I'd shake my thang for anything,lol. Well not anything but to ride and to stop the rain. Rain dance still in effect till Monday;)
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

Fanny Fligurl
President

#17 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 pm

Sweet! Nice, relaxing day with my girls. :P
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

LadyRider600rr

#18 Post by LadyRider600rr » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:45 pm

LadyRider600rr wrote:Hi everyone! Since Miss Wren will be back on two wheels and I am off two wheels from surgery for a minute. I will be in the sweep truck with my boyfriend's truck (Shhh, don't tell him though.) ..Oh damn, I forgot he signed up for the forum, :)

Anyway. Just wanted to let everyone know. It seats 5 So if anyone else can't ride, I wouldn't mind company at all!

Jess
btw....I wont be able to make the pre-ride. Just wanted to let everyone know. I would love to be there but I have to work (dont usually have to on the weekends) But will be there with bells on Sunday!
Jessica Haverty

"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

maygoddess

#19 Post by maygoddess » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 pm

Hey Jessie!

I MAY be down for the count for the ride. I came down with flu yesterday..but not getting worse..getting better..so I may be okay..but thinking if by Saturday..I am not feeling well..I could ride sweep with you...I don't want to get sick by riding in cold weather...but should be okay to be sweep.

If I do that..how could that work logistically?? I would have to drive out to san Ramon to meet up with you..but would need to get my car...would you be passing there on the way back home???

Let me know. I MAY still able to ride but planning for plan B just in case!

PattyA

LadyRider600rr

#20 Post by LadyRider600rr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 pm

maygoddess wrote:Hey Jessie!

I MAY be down for the count for the ride. I came down with flu yesterday..but not getting worse..getting better..so I may be okay..but thinking if by Saturday..I am not feeling well..I could ride sweep with you...I don't want to get sick by riding in cold weather...but should be okay to be sweep.

If I do that..how could that work logistically?? I would have to drive out to san Ramon to meet up with you..but would need to get my car...would you be passing there on the way back home???

Let me know. I MAY still able to ride but planning for plan B just in case!

PattyA
I am not sure. I can't seem to get my bearings right now to figure out where everything is in relation. I live in modesto. The meeting is in martinez. Map quest says that it only adds on like 5 minutes to go through san ramon. If I did that right. Let me know if that sounds right.
Jessica Haverty

maygoddess

#21 Post by maygoddess » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:56 pm

okay...so I now may be towing some ladies with me to San Ramon..so I may just ride. Mary Ann..who did the East Bay ride with us on my Gixxer wants to come..and she may ask a few ladies we both know from the area..so we may all ride out from north bay.

AJ....what is your plan to leave Sunday to meet up? Mary Ann and the other ladies live in Fairfield/Vacaville...was thinking of meeting them at the usual Cordelia gas station and hopping on 680 from there to san Ramon... let me know if you want to meet up with us..not sure how much time we need form there to get to SR.

PattyA

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#22 Post by Hurricane » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:44 pm

LadyRider600rr wrote:
LadyRider600rr wrote:Hi everyone! Since Miss Wren will be back on two wheels and I am off two wheels from surgery for a minute. I will be in the sweep truck with my boyfriend's truck (Shhh, don't tell him though.) ..Oh damn, I forgot he signed up for the forum, :)

Anyway. Just wanted to let everyone know. It seats 5 So if anyone else can't ride, I wouldn't mind company at all!

Jess
btw....I wont be able to make the pre-ride. Just wanted to let everyone know. I would love to be there but I have to work (dont usually have to on the weekends) But will be there with bells on Sunday!
I haven't heard from Amy yet but what time were you planing to leave out and if maybe you heard if we are meeting at her house? I'm assuming that since you will have Dan's truck you will be in Ripon?
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

LadyRider600rr

#23 Post by LadyRider600rr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Hurricane wrote:
LadyRider600rr wrote:

Jess
I haven't heard from Amy yet but what time were you planing to leave out and if maybe you heard if we are meeting at her house? I'm assuming that since you will have Dan's truck you will be in Ripon?

Jess,

Yes I will be in Ripon, I am going to leave Ripon at 9, I have to stop at Sabrina's to get some stuff for the truck before I head to the meet spot. I cant remember what time everyone is meeting at Amy's or where I saw it. Since I have to go to Sabrina's I am leaving at a different time.
Jessica Haverty

sexy_raiderette
CU Supporter

#24 Post by sexy_raiderette » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Who's riding from fremont/union city area? Desiree? And Kelly if u wanna meet me maybe at the mission and 680 McDonald's?
Daisy R
'09 Yamaha FZ6R....GRAB A FIST FULL!!!

"If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is compromise." -Robert Fritz

Fanny Fligurl
President

#25 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Leaving my driveway in Ripon @ 9am for the central valley girls that are riding out.
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

LadyGadget

#26 Post by LadyGadget » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:13 pm

maygoddess wrote:okay...so I now may be towing some ladies with me to San Ramon..so I may just ride. Mary Ann..who did the East Bay ride with us on my Gixxer wants to come..and she may ask a few ladies we both know from the area..so we may all ride out from north bay.

AJ....what is your plan to leave Sunday to meet up? Mary Ann and the other ladies live in Fairfield/Vacaville...was thinking of meeting them at the usual Cordelia gas station and hopping on 680 from there to san Ramon... let me know if you want to meet up with us..not sure how much time we need form there to get to SR.

PattyA

I saw AJ this afternoon at CG. We talked about meeting up. We can meet in Pacheco or Target/Barnes and Noble parking lot at Concord Ave exit off 680. I like that one cuz it's off and back on 680 right away.

Champagne has expressed concerns about the road conditions (see her post on new thread) If Champagne has reservations, so do I. However, maybe she can change the route and/or meet spot. It might be a shorter ride but at least we can get out. It's not supposed to rain on Sunday as of right now. Every hour of riding from now until April might be quite precious!!
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Special K
CU Supporter

#27 Post by Special K » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Yep, Daisy, I'll meet you at 680/Mission McD's. I may have Michelle (PLEGAL01) with me, too. What time?

Looks like the ride time changed...? Was 10:30a Meet/11a KSU and now is 11:30 Meet/Noon KSU? Just noticed that.
Kelly
2011 GSX-R 750
2003 Ninja 250 (buh-bye!)
AMA #2787667
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#28 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

NOTE: Pushed ride back an hour (meet 11:30, kickstands up @ NOON) to allow a little more leeway for Mother Nature to shine her warmth down on our path.

See you gals tomorrow!

Fanny Fligurl
President

#29 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Tips:

1) Wear your winter gear (duuuuhh)
2) Use your CLEAR visor, as the shady areas can play tricks on you
3) Work on throttle control & overall consistency to avoid loss of traction
4) When all else fails, slow down.
5) HAVE FUN!

LadyRider600rr

#30 Post by LadyRider600rr » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:38 pm

I am excited to be able to drive the sweep truck. I am so bummed i still cant ride. My tummy still hurts :( But I am glad I can still be useful!
Jessica Haverty