Girl Ride: Saturday, May 7 - Folsom

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Fanny Fligurl
President

Girl Ride: Saturday, May 7 - Folsom

#1 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:21 am

Any of my girls interested in a longer distance social ride? I think this would be a great opportunity to network and meet other women. Also, we can roll deep in CU sportbike fashion! Note the deadline to register/pay is May 1 @ 8pm. I would really like to make this! We can meet up in Sacramento then roll into Folsom together. Who's in?
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

NinjaMama
Emerita

Re: Girl Ride: Saturday, May 7 - Folsom

#2 Post by NinjaMama » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 am

My sister lives in Folsom (Not the prison). Can you post the website or do you have the details of the ride?
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#3 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 am

NinjaMama wrote:My sister lives in Folsom (Not the prison). Can you post the website or do you have the details of the ride?
S.
Ooops, forgot that little detail. Here ya go: http://www.guiderasgirlsride.com/ride_2011.shtml
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#4 Post by HoneyBadger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:33 am

Looks like fun - no further for me than a south bay ride :D And since it's "form your own groups" don't need to worry about being stuck behind all the cruisers lol!

If other girls wanted to come from further away, again, my house is always open the night before.
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

maygoddess

#5 Post by maygoddess » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:44 am

Looks like a nice ride. Lots of girl rides that day for the women's rider day! I committed to one here in my area..or at least partly in my area. The Female Motorcycle Riders of the Bay Area Meetup group is doing a ride that I believe starts down in San Mateo but then the 2nd meetup spot is Infineon and then through Sonoma and over to Calistoga via Petrifed Forest Rd (some twisties) and lunch in Calistoga and back down valley. Of course this will be SOME of the CU ride route next weekend after. If anyone is interested in this meetup group..here is the link http://www.meetup.com/Female-Motorcycle ... -Bay-Area/

This will be my first ride with them. I think they mostly originate rides out of the South Bay.

Have fun in Folsom. next time. I think I need to stick to smaller group events for now!!

Patty

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#6 Post by Hurricane » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:50 am

It sounds like a great time!!! Its my Sat off too :D Ill see if I can swing it and set a sitter before the deadline!! :/
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

Hekele
CU Supporter

#7 Post by Hekele » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Im in. Jus wanna know,who on this side will ride out with me?
Hekele(Heather)

Hekele
CU Supporter

#8 Post by Hekele » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

Please let me know for sure if we're doing this ride so I don't pay for it and not go.
Hekele(Heather)

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#9 Post by Rollin on 3 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:27 pm

wow! I am surprised :) I was actually invited by other Spyder riders to this event I just wasn’t sure of attending. Now, I am about 75% in, lol. I have to confirm other travel plans. I will definitely know by Sat night. And Yes, let’s get a for sure before we pay.
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

butterfly
Contributing Member

#10 Post by butterfly » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:21 am

so we have to pay before 8pm on the 1st right? it sound like fun :D

NinjaMama
Emerita

#11 Post by NinjaMama » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm

I just registered. I'm planning on staying at my sisters house in Citrus Heights, which is only a couple of miles from Folsom. It'll save me all those highway miles on Madonna.
See you girls at the event.
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#12 Post by Rollin on 3 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 am

Sorry ladies I will not be attending this ride. I don't know what I was thinking, its my dads birthday so I'm going to ride with him;) Have fun!
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

Fanny Fligurl
President

#13 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon May 02, 2011 8:31 am

I'm registered, and I paid for the photo CD so you gals don't need to. We can watch it at the May meeting and I can burn copies for any gals who want them.

I'm in AZ on business this week but return Friday afternoon. Is there anyone riding with me from the valley? If not, I'll just meet up with you girls in Sac so we an roll into Folsom together.

butterfly
Contributing Member

#14 Post by butterfly » Wed May 04, 2011 9:31 am

sorry girls im not going, my mom's leaving to mexico want to spend sat. and sunday with her :|

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#15 Post by Hurricane » Wed May 04, 2011 10:38 am

So unfortunately I couldn't get a sitter to give me a committed yes for the ride before the deadline so I didn't register even though I really would LOVE to :(
"When in fear, Shift a gear"