March 2011 CU Group Ride - Sunday, March 13

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

maygoddess

Re: March 2011 CU Group Ride - Sunday, March 13

#31 Post by maygoddess » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:36 am

HRDWarrior wrote:
maygoddess wrote: So I called shop in Vallejo

The guys at Powersports (especially Bo) are an awesome group - we're really lucky to have them right here! In fact, we used to live just across the alley behind the shop, and when my bike wouldn't start, one of the guys just came over and rolled it over there for me (I was worried about dropping it, especially since the path from our garage to the alley was all gravel). I was just in there Thursday again myself :)
Yep..that's where I go! Beau(can ya believe he actually spells it THIS way??) and Gabe are great. I actually didn't buy my bike from them. My friend in Sac got me a killer deal from Good Times up there..but I will be getting it serviced with PowerSports!

Motominx
Contributing Member

#32 Post by Motominx » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:37 am

Our unofficial clubhouse- I shoulda guessed!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history"

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#33 Post by Rollin on 3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:40 pm

HRDWarrior wrote:
Rollin on 3 wrote:
DONT FORGET WE GET AN EXTRA HOUR SLEEP, WEEEE!!!
SET THE ALARM CLOCKS!

:cycle
Actually, we lose an hour of sleep ;)

CRAP! Thanks AJ I would have been really late,hahaha

I just came back from washing my white dream :D and a LOVELY ride. I didn't want to come home :cry:

My tummy is filled with fuel and I am reading to GO! I just might sleep in my clothes by the door because I am SO EXCITED!

Ride safe ladies, see ya'll manana!
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

Fanny Fligurl
President

#34 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm

To all of you beautiful ladies who are caging it because their rides are in the shop....SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A HONDA! :twisted: :lol: :ride :rad :infrandom

See everyone in the morning. I'm leaving Ripon @ 8am (with a possible new gal in tow), meeting AnaMarie & Graciella in Tracy by 8:30.

Jessika - Am I swooping you up @ Airport like usual?
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

LadyGadget

#35 Post by LadyGadget » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I'll see you NinjaMama at Starbucks in Livermore at 9:00am. I love my suzi burg and it has more storage than the Honda SW. And to be honest, I'm pretty friggin' happy to be riding in my brand new 2011 Mini Copper S coupe. At this point Tink and RedHot have equal status in my heart :D

Look for me in the Chili Red Mini! asthanos
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

NinjaMama
Emerita

#36 Post by NinjaMama » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:33 pm

soldaze wrote:I'll see you NinjaMama at Starbucks in Livermore at 9:00am. I love my suzi burg and it has more storage than the Honda SW. And to be honest, I'm pretty friggin' happy to be riding in my brand new 2011 Mini Copper S coupe. At this point Tink and RedHot have equal status in my heart :D

Look for me in the Chili Red Mini! asthanos
Patty,
I just got hold of Heidi, she'd like to ride with you most likely from the San Jose meet-up site. Give me a call and I'll discuss the details about who, what, when, and where.
Sabrina
925-321-0504

P.S. We have about 5 different Starbucks here in Livermore. One is about 4 blocks away from my house on North Livermore Ave. in the Lucky's Shopping Center. Let's plan on meeting there. (9 AM)
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Fanny Fligurl
President

#37 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:11 pm

It's looking like the "partly cloudy" will hold out until tomorrow evening. For all ladies who plan to attend our club meeting afterwards, let's try to buzz through the agenda so we can all get home before the raindrops move in!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#38 Post by HoneyBadger » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Ladies, I'll be at the ride, decided I'd rather not miss it, the other thing was that HD casting call, but I get the impression there's a lot of people going, and I picked up a couple horse hauls (plus the super cheap tires) and the money would have gone towards my trackday, but those things should more than cover it, and they are guaranteed - plus, this is one route I've never done, so I'll see you all in San Jose!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

Fanny Fligurl
President

#39 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:32 pm

HRDWarrior wrote:Ladies, I'll be at the ride, decided I'd rather not miss it, the other thing was that HD casting call, but I get the impression there's a lot of people going, and I picked up a couple horse hauls (plus the super cheap tires) and the money would have gone towards my trackday, but those things should more than cover it, and they are guaranteed - plus, this is one route I've never done, so I'll see you all in San Jose!
Stellar sis, glad you decided to make it. See you in the morning!

maygoddess

#40 Post by maygoddess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 am

Hi Ladies! Looks lke I am not going to make it to the meeting afterall! Bummed but I am still running wine clubs this morning for a client that has to ship tomorrow! Grrr..I would need to leave Napa in 20 minutes to make it to Morgan Hill by Noonish to meet up with you all at the restaurant or even the meeting place!

So I am hoping to make it to the fundraiser (to watch and meet and greet..don't think I can ride the karts) and definitely save the date for your April ride and meeting. Hopefully by then, I will actually feel comfy enough to group ride with you all!

In the meantime, if anyone wants to meet up with me in the napa area and do a ride or two so I get some practice with smaller groups...please pm me and I will get in touch!

Hope yoru rode today was fun and your dodged any raindrops!

Patty

maygoddess

#41 Post by maygoddess » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great ride..hope to hear about it soon!
I was bummed to miss meeting you...if we didn't lose that hour I think I could have made it...but work got in the way!

I will plan for April 10th meeting (thats the next one,right?). Is there any location yet for that ride/meeting? Just want to plan for it. Are your meetings/rides usually always that far south?

I am joping to make the fundraiser as well next weekend!!

Cheers!

Patty

*chamorita*
Emerita

#42 Post by *chamorita* » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 am

Awesome ride. Had tons of fun and welcome back Champagne. So blessed to have you with us again.. Luv you all.
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY

Fanny Fligurl
President

#43 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:07 am

What a perfect time of the season to hit Mt. Madonna. The hills on 129 were bright green with life, almost like being in Ireland w/o the rain! Fresh air, not too cold, and surrounded by great company. Thanks to all you ladies for making our CU day a special one!

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#44 Post by Hurricane » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Yes during the ride the weather was great and I was so jealous that I couldn't mount up but had lots of fun being the photographer and sweeping with Sabrina. I just felt so bad for ya'lls ride back though in the in the spiting rain after the meeting :( Love you guys!!
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

LadyGadget

#45 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey Champagne and AJ,
I assume you both got home safe, sound, and soaked.
I felt this uncontrollable need to keep my eye on you ladies from a respectful distance on 680 when you caught up to RedHot. Then there were those asshats I was ready to run down when they did not give you your god-given road space. It was this mother thing that took over even though I know you both could run my a** down in an even worse downpour in a minute. HA!

Thank you all for allowing me to participate yesterday. And thank you Heidi for riding shotgun and putting up with my bad jokes and questionable driving skills.

All in all, a great day with great women.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.