Curve Unit "Instant Replay" Ride - Sunday, July 8

Group rides, clinics, and charity rides.
Roll out with a valid motorcycle license, insurance, and current registration. Curve Unit will not be held responsible for mishaps that result in personal injury or property damage. Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous, so you ride at your own risk.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

NinjaMama
Vice President

#31 Post by NinjaMama » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:06 pm

xtremesbchick wrote:Sabrina - Can I hitch a ride with you? Or I can drive if we need another support vehicle.
My truck and air conditioning is yours for the asking. Give me a call and we'll make plans on how to get together.

Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Mo

#32 Post by Mo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 pm

Jezebel wrote:Monika - I'm gussing it's fastest for you to come over the San Mateo bridge? Either way, we can plan on meeting up at the Marina Starbux - 8am so we can get safety inspections done.

Let me know if anyone else is interested in meeting up there to ride out to the meet up spot.

Starbucks Address:
1209 Marina Blvd.
San Leandro
8am
Sounds good...See ya there!!
2005 Yamaha R6

Jello_Biafra

#33 Post by Jello_Biafra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:56 pm

Damn, San Leandro gonna be over-run with crazy biker chicks... and 1 guy. Good times.

Mo

#34 Post by Mo » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:10 pm

Jello_Biafra wrote:Damn, San Leandro gonna be over-run with crazy biker chicks... and 1 guy. Good times.

HAHA I'm sure you won't mind
2005 Yamaha R6

Jello_Biafra

#35 Post by Jello_Biafra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 pm

I might get a little nervous though. :(

Fanny Fligurl
President

#36 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:52 pm

I have great news, and a little less pleasant news......

Great news is that there is a "High Wind" advisory for Friday and Saturday, however SUNDAY IS IN THE CLEAR! Newbies will not have to stress about wind factors on the brief stint of I-5.

The less pleasant (but expected) news is that we're expecting low to mid 90's, so please drink a lot of water at each stop, and wear the right gear to maximize your comfort WITHOUT SACRIFICING YOUR SAFETY & PROTECTION.

I will be in full leathers, like we all should when riding twisties and canyons. However, Under Armor helps your body cope with extreme temperatures, so I would recommend investing in them if you have time before Sunday.

See you all very soon, I'm soooooooo excited!!!
Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

f4igrrl
CU Supporter

#37 Post by f4igrrl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Hey Amy, etc., I actually live in San Leandro . . . but haven't decided if I want to make the 8am meet-up for the safety inspection (I'm not one to hang around . . . and wait . . . and wait . . .) I just like to GO! :D

Soooooooo, I'll probably just meet y'all in Livermore. Oh yeah, look for a blondie. :shock: ha ha! I got bored with my hair color again!

sbrito

#38 Post by sbrito » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:22 pm

AWE wish I could go but I will be doing the MSF course that day. Hopefully passing!!
Chef Brito

Jezebel
CU Supporter

#39 Post by Jezebel » Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:27 am

Kim - It'll be good to see you, two wheels or four. Hope you're feeling better.

Amy - thanks for the font color change - that pink was KILLING my eyes ;)

Sbrito - GOOD LUCK!!! You'll have fun and it should be a piece of cake, much easier than dealing with the DMV!!

F4i - no worries. I am a bit afraid of 8am too and usually opt to sleep in but I don't want to take the opportunity away from anyone who does want to meet up so if you change your mind, you'll know where to find us, if not....well then you'll know where to find us :)

See you tomorrow!!
The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns you more than him.

f4igrrl
CU Supporter

#40 Post by f4igrrl » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:05 am

:shock: wow . . . sleeping in . . . what the hell is that like? ha ha ha?? I haven't been able to sleep past 6am since "the boy" (simpsons reference) came into our life. ha ha ho hum. sigh.

H.D.30-06

#41 Post by H.D.30-06 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:33 pm

I have the on call pager this weekend but I told the boss I'm going on this ride this weekend. If I get paged, when I respond is when I respond. See ya all tomorrow.
RIDE RIDE GOTTA RIDE !!!
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
2001 H.D. 1200 Sportster(sold)
2008 Suzuki DL650 vstrom (R.I.P)
2011 Kawasaki Versys 650
Mike

NinjaMama
Vice President

#42 Post by NinjaMama » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Mike,
It's been a while since you've been able to join us, so it'll be great to have you on the ride. Even if it turns out to be only part of the day.
See you tomorrow.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

Mo

#43 Post by Mo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:56 am

I got a last min Job, I'm not going to be able to make it to the ride. I'll see you guys at the meeting though!
2005 Yamaha R6

Flap
Curvalicious

#44 Post by Flap » Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:21 am

Wish I could at least join with the car, but I am dead tired and got lots of stuff to do today, was on travel for 7 weeks and need a breather.

Enjoy the day, I am now officially jealous, but nonetheless happy for the ones who can make it! 8)

Bring some nice pix back, so I get off my butt the next time, rent a bike and join the fun!

Jana aka. Bike-In-Europe-Flap
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)

JLuo

Great ride

#45 Post by JLuo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:54 pm

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!....Simpsons) Thanks for another great ride. Im sorry I had to cut out after Del Puerto. Gt's as usual. Hope to see ya'll soon. If Tip doesnt get the pictures up, I'll get em on here.

Justin