Hi CU and members

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Punkadelix

Hi CU and members

#1 Post by Punkadelix » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:23 pm

Howdy all!! My name is Elaine and I live in Modesto, been riding for the over 11 years, but I'm looking to get back to riding with a club again. I have an '07 Red/Wht gixxer 600 and is sad because I fail to take him on as much twisties as I used to :(

So it's time for me to strap on those riding boots again and hopefully join ya ladies for a ride. :grin:

Cyaz soon!! ;-)

NinjaMama
Vice President

Re: Hi CU and members

#2 Post by NinjaMama » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 am

Hi Elaine! Welcome to the site!
Hope you can make it to our next ride. We'll be doing individual photos of riders and their bikes with a nice background scene of green fields with wildflowers. Perhaps getting out to the twisties will make your Gixer happy and give you a nice photo for your scrapbook too.
:grin:
Hope to see you there.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#3 Post by HoneyBadger » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:50 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! Our next ride isn't too far from you, either, so it would be a great chance to get back out there - great roads, beautiful scenery - what more could a girl ask for (well, outside of a track anyways lol!)?

We'd love to have you out, meet you and see your sexy machine :grin:
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#4 Post by chiconaduc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Welcome to the site, Elaine! Hope to see you on our April ride!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#5 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Welcome. I learned to swim in a canal in Modesto about 55 years ago. What started out to be a kids will be kids turned into a swimming lesson fortunately. I went on to learn to ride a motorcycle and hope to meet you on the next ride. Do you have any feelings one way or the other about people who drive silver Priuses?
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Motomom
Emerita

#6 Post by Motomom » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Elaine!!!

It's great that you made it here on the forum, now let's see you make it to our ride this coming month.... That would be awesome!!!

Looking forward to meeting you soon. :grin:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#7 Post by Rollin on 3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi and WELCOME!!!

I live in Tracy, kinda close by. So, if you ever want to have coffee and chat or take a little ride let me know. I am usually in this area at least once a week. I hope to see and meet you on our April ride.

If you'd like we can meet of the freeway and you can follow me to the meet spot. Our President also lives in Ripon and I am positive she would like to hook up with you as well.

Have fun!

Anamarie
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

maygoddess

#8 Post by maygoddess » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:39 am

Hi Elaine! Come on out and ride with us! I am sure our girls in your area would be happy to scoop you up to ride!!

Always like to meet some new Gixxer sisters!!! :dance:

PattyA

Punkadelix

#9 Post by Punkadelix » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Rollin on 3 wrote:Hi and WELCOME!!!

I live in Tracy, kinda close by. So, if you ever want to have coffee and chat or take a little ride let me know. I am usually in this area at least once a week. I hope to see and meet you on our April ride.

If you'd like we can meet of the freeway and you can follow me to the meet spot. Our President also lives in Ripon and I am positive she would like to hook up with you as well.

Have fun!

Anamarie
Hi Anamarie!
I've actually been looking for fellow lady riders here in the valley to have occasional rides with, and I'm so happy to know there are some nearby! I used to ride with the Hooligans, years ago (was a prospect), but under difficult circumstances, had to quit the club. Very big mistake on my part. Anyways, long story short...I'm back. Ha!

Well, I wish I read this sooner, I actually have to be in the Bay on Friday through Sunday morning and then meet everyone at the meeting spot. But for future rides and the occasional coffee chit-chats, lets definitely meet together!

Thanks SO much everyone! Looking forward to the ride...see you all there :grin:
- Elaine

Punkadelix

#10 Post by Punkadelix » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:45 pm

CrashDummy wrote:Welcome. I learned to swim in a canal in Modesto about 55 years ago. What started out to be a kids will be kids turned into a swimming lesson fortunately. I went on to learn to ride a motorcycle and hope to meet you on the next ride. Do you have any feelings one way or the other about people who drive silver Priuses?

:shock: The canal!? Are you serious! Hahaha, wow...now that's gutsy. It's no wonder you ride ;-)

Now this is funny. As far as silver priuses go, I have no qualms about them...the kind of cars/trucks I do have a tendency to curse at are Acura's and the big 4-wheelers who have mirrors that stick out over a foot long. I mean, really...is it necessary?

Thanks for the laughs!!
- Elaine

Fanny Fligurl
President

#11 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 am

Hi Elaine. I'm in Ripon which is a hop, skip, and a jump from Motown. Great to hear you're getting back on two, and please feel free to join any of our group rides or "one-off" treks. We are very female-centric and cater to our lovely ladies, so you're welcome any time.

Hope your schedule changes so you can ride with us next Sunday. It's going to be a blast!

Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Punkadelix

#12 Post by Punkadelix » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Fanny Fligurl wrote:Hi Elaine. I'm in Ripon which is a hop, skip, and a jump from Motown. Great to hear you're getting back on two, and please feel free to join any of our group rides or "one-off" treks. We are very female-centric and cater to our lovely ladies, so you're welcome any time.

Hope your schedule changes so you can ride with us next Sunday. It's going to be a blast!

Amy
Hi Amy!
Oh most definitely...I'm gonna be there :grin:
Wouldn't miss it!!! Plus it'll be great to meet other fellow-girl riders.

See ya then!!
- Elaine

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#13 Post by HoneyBadger » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

*chamorita*
Emerita

#14 Post by *chamorita* » Tue May 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Welcome!! Hope to meet ya in the next month or so.
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY