Finally on the site

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

Re: Finally on the site

#16 Post by CrashDummy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Wren I am glad you still love me but the problem is I am also your supplier of happy herb so your tolerance may be higher for me. This means I can not use you as a my human barometer which many members of Obnoxious Anonymous have. BTW, you told one of those antidotes that many of us long term residence of Oakland have. The one where you or a loved one has been shot at. You did this while we were eating veggie burgers on the last ride. We were trying to get Jen and Eric to consider moving to Oakland from San Francisco. You were doing fine going on about the neighborhood you bought into sixteen years ago. Then you threw in the Oakland Antidote. You mentioned how your husband was shot at while working on his Mustang in front of the house. Fortunately all the bullets missed him.
Steve and I were in front of my house yesterday when my neighbor, Brigitta, walked by. She mentioned how her window was shot out last Friday night. She said it sounded like an explosion. I nudged her and mentioned that Steve was thinking of moving in with me. She immediately toned it down. One hit the couch and one stuck in the wall and it wasn't really that loud and neither of the bullets hit her or her pets. She wasn't even the intended target.
What actually happened last Friday midnight was that two guys in a car across the street from me started shooting a two guys walking past my house. They all began exchanging gun fire. The two on foot ran around the corner and up my back street. It almost ended up behind my house. As they started up my back street there was one wounded guy still walking and one of the guys in the car got out and kept shooting at him. As they continued up the back street, neighbors were watching from their windows. Greg who lives across from me on the back street was watching from his porch. The wounded guy ended up on the ground in the street after going around Rocky's wife's SUV with the shooter still shooting right behind him. Greg watched as the guy stood over and fired at him three more times. The shooter then walked calmly towards the car he had gotten out of. What happen next shows that if you are going to be the target of a drive-by it should be in my neighborhood. Wren, do you notice that I am avoiding using the term hood. Just in case Jen reads this. Greg walked down to see if the guy was still alive. Just as he got to the sidewalk a car pulled up. The driver reached over and shoved the passenger door open. The guy on the ground crawled in. The driver looked at Greg and said "I am just a good Samaritan and this guy looks like he needs to go to the hospital. He then sped off. A couple hours later when the police and a fire engine showed up they didn't find a body and the fire department hosed down Rocky's car and the street with a soapy solution. So get shot in Oakland and a good Samaritan will whisk you off within 30 seconds and the fire department will clean your car and street.

Update: Steve is moving to Sausalito. Jen and Eric are staying in SF.
I still love Wren.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

Motomom
Emerita

#17 Post by Motomom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:23 am

Barbara... You know how I feel about you and am very thankful to have met you. That you hang with us is icing on the cake. Welcome and I look forward to seeing you again soon. xoxo

Randy... I do sincerely apologize if I said anything or laughed in a way that might have hurt your feelings. You are a goof, but such a loyal and wonderful supporter of CU how could we not get a kick out of your crazy humor. :grin:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

CrashDummy
CU Supporter

#18 Post by CrashDummy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:04 am

motomom7 wrote:Barbara... You know how I feel about you and am very thankful to have met you. That you hang with us is icing on the cake. Welcome and I look forward to seeing you again soon. xoxo

Randy... I do sincerely apologize if I said anything or laughed in a way that might have hurt your feelings. You are a goof, but such a loyal and wonderful supporter of CU how could we not get a kick out of your crazy humor. :grin:
Tina, now that you know how sensitive I am let me show you that I am also forgiving. I am going to forgive you for the bruise I got as I carried you,screaming, across the gas station in Fairfield. You did say you would ride on the back of my bike if your arm wasn't ready for the ride. Steve remembers you saying that at the go-kart races. You even said you would ride on the back of his Blackbird for awhile which I thought was pretty brave because I had just told you that the last woman he gave a ride to said she would never get on a motorcycle again. Let me interject here that Steve did give a woman, visiting from Hawaii, a ride over to Alice's two days ago. She loved it. Anyway I am glad your boyfriend isn't the jealous type. He seemed to take it in stride as you screamed for his help as you tried to get by me and back to his Harley. After following you on the last leg of the ride, I meant it when I said you looked hot on the back of a Harley. He sounded sincere too when he said you looked good anywhere on a Harley. So you are benevolently forgiven. Sometimes I don't think women are aware that they are actually pulling on me (as you were doing at lunch) in an effort to keep me from pushing some other female (Jen) past her natural limit. I am starting to wonder if she has any limits. Jen you are so easy. Sorry Eric but it is true. Which is why you two will make it to your tenth anniversary and we will celebrate with a ride as a few of us suggested.

I just called in and I have to show up for jury duty. Damn.
How to make a small fortune racing ... start with a large one.

Go into a corner with a little less speed and come out faster

LadyGadget

#19 Post by LadyGadget » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Randy, I'm still trying to get over the fact you drive a silver Prius. REALLY?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Enjoy the Ride
Hangaround

#20 Post by Enjoy the Ride » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:42 pm

motomom7 wrote:Barbara... You know how I feel about you and am very thankful to have met you. That you hang with us is icing on the cake. Welcome and I look forward to seeing you again soon. xoxo

Tins you are an amazing woman and I thank you for being who you are. I always smile thinking of you because you are always in a good mood no matter what. I am SOOOOO glad to hear you are back up and riding. I can't wait to see you!!!

I will not let life pass me by.

*chamorita*
Emerita

#21 Post by *chamorita* » Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi Barbara.. Glad you were able to get confident on your bike while riding with us. See you soon. Miss ya...
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY