Future Curve Unit Member (Hopefully if youll have me)

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

suzette yoder

Future Curve Unit Member (Hopefully if youll have me)

#1 Post by suzette yoder » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Hello to everyone in Curve Unit I cant wait to ride & meet all of you. My name is Suzette I live in Napa, Ca I have been riding on a motorcycle for over 20 years but finally got brave and got my motorcycle license about 2 years ago ( boy did I suck at the driving part of the 3 day chp class that I took to get my license) still cant believe they passed me but they did. I started on a ninja 500 because my husband talked me into it ( I wanted a 250 because I was scared because again driving school & sucking so much) boy am I glad he did because I became extremly bored with the bike.. I had a hard time keeping up with my husband Marks 1000cc, he teased me often saying " my bike is overheating its not used to going that slow" but he was great never pushing me & making sure I always stayed in my comfort zone.
Well anyway I got a new bike (new to me) in april for my birthday I got a Triumph 955RS I love it and am having a blast driving anytime I can get away (5 kids) I ride to Stinson and Berryessa as many as 5 times a week. On one of my rides I met Patty up in berryessa and tada that is why I am writing to all of you and saying hello. I cant wait to meet all of you in person and cant wait to ride with all of you. Thanks again to Patty for our chance run in if not for her I might have joined another group and Patty says you are all fun fun fun to be around and ride with. Cant wait give me a call anytime you are coming to my area 707-332-9476 or email me at smy0216@sbcglobal.net Thanks Again

maygoddess

Re: Future Curve Unit Member (Hopefully if youll have me)

#2 Post by maygoddess » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi Suzette! Glad you finally made it here! We definitely need to get back up to Berryessa again soon!!

Hoping you can get away on a sunday t o make one of our monthly rides!

:-)

PattyA

Special K
CU Supporter

#3 Post by Special K » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi Suzette! Hope to meet you on the August ride. :-)
Kelly
2011 GSX-R 750
2003 Ninja 250 (buh-bye!)
AMA #2787667
Two wrongs don't make a right. But three lefts do.

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#4 Post by HoneyBadger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi and welcome to the CU forum!

Our August ride will be taking place in Marin/Sonoma/etc, so should be a great one for you to make it to!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

Fanny Fligurl
President

#5 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:49 am

No worries on the sucky part of your post girl, as apparently I suck at approving your darn profile. LOL! Glad you finally were able to log on, and I too am excited to me you.

We're right in the middle of "busy season" for motorcycle club life, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to get out of your own backyard and rack up some miles on that sexy Triumph.

You just missed our July group ride, but as the other gals stated above, our next one is in your neck of the woods on August 12. We have a series of events to attend that same weekend, and you're welcome to join us for those also.

Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

LadyGadget

#6 Post by LadyGadget » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:23 am

Welcome to the forum, Suzette!

I hope you join us for our August ride. We are a group of riders of all levels. I'm glad someone finally approved you! (it took a while for me to be granted a login, so no worries!)
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Motomom
Emerita

#7 Post by Motomom » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Welcome welcome welcome... I am the CU Sister with the bike you originally thought you wanted. LOL!! Look forward to meeting you soon!!! :grin:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

NinjaMama
Emerita

#8 Post by NinjaMama » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 am

Welcome Suzette!
I know what your husband is talking about regarding that "going so slow you're overheating" thing! My bike is only happy in cool weather or going 60+.
Hope to meet you on the next ride since we'll be in your neck of the woods (approximately)!
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#9 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am

Welcome to the site Suzette! Hope to meet you on our August ride.
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West