New to forum

Please tell us a little about yourself and what brought you here. We'd love to hear it!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

lucat

New to forum

#1 Post by lucat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi, I'm Lucy and I live in Santa Rosa---
I bought an '08 Honda CBR600rr a few weeks ago (for my 50th!) and am having a blast riding after 18 years absence! Took the adv. MSF course yesterday and would like to try the track once I can afford all of the gear (and transportation etc.)!

I am interested in local rides, don't have the endurance for more yet, so if anyone would like to join me for Skaggs Springs and similar roads, or wouldn't mind another rider along...please let me know! I would say I am an intermediate level rider...who loves to learn and improve!

(I tried to upload photos but they were called invalid...)

Thanks!

Fanny Fligurl
President

Re: New to forum

#2 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Well hello Lucy! Glad you hopped onto our forum.

We're headed to the foothills this coming Sunday, and we would love to have you along. I know you stated long distance is not your bag quite yet, but there's always a first. :grin: June's group ride is women only, so it will be a great opportunity to hang with like-minded ladies in the moto community. BTW, our VP Sabrina bought her MV as a "later-in-life" gift to herself, along with a handful of other CU gals that either took a long break then returned or simply waited until "they knew what they wanted to do when they grew up." :lol:

We have a handful of gals within an hour of you (AmCam, Vallejo, Antioch). You'll be in good company!

Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

LadyGadget

#3 Post by LadyGadget » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:25 pm

I keep tellin' the young'ins that life after 50 is GRRREAT!

I didn't get my first bike until I was 51. Some of us ride your way often so we'll keep in touch.

I've done the pre-ride for this Sunday's route and it is awesome. Not too technical, just a lot of great scenery. This route is the reason I love living & riding in California.

Maygodess is leading a Northbay group out of Cordelia on Sunday. I'm sure we'll be hearing from her shortly.....

Welcome to Curve Unit.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

lucat

#4 Post by lucat » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks, Fanny!

The ride looked great! Perhaps...if I don't have to work. Thanks for the invite! And please do get in touch anyone, many weekdays are great for me to ride!

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#5 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Welcome to the forums, Lucy! I was having a mid-life crisis a few years ago, and couldn't find a suitable 24 year old to run off with so I bought a motorcycle instead.
Hope to see you on Sunday, and if not sometime soon!
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

maygoddess

#6 Post by maygoddess » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi Lucy! Welcome to the CU forums! You are in the right place for sure! many of "ol ladies" are out there riding in our 40s-50's..even saw older ladies at the AFM races on Sunday! That rocks!!

I live in American Canyon (Napa) area..so we are not that far apart. I work from home and can occasionally sneak away for week days rides. I do ride on weekends as well with other CU gals or friends from BARF (bayareridersforum.com).

If you would like to come out for our Sunday ride, I am leading a group from Fairfield, up 12 to clements. It is ALOT of riding but the ride is awesome. Please let me know if you can make it!

please PM me here and I can send you my phone and email so we can stay in touch for rides. Also..if you are in Facebook, I have a women riders group set up there and we are planning some rides there as well!!

:-)

PattyA

Rollin on 3
CU Supporter

#7 Post by Rollin on 3 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Hola!
Welcome! Im avail some weekdays. Hope to meet you soon
Just Rollin
~Anamarie~

NinjaMama
Vice President

#8 Post by NinjaMama » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Lucy and Welcome!
As Amy said, I got the fever to get a street bike right after I turned 50. I rode dirt bikes and enduro's in my younger days, and always wanted to get back into riding. I started off with a Ninja 600 and rode that for about 3 years. It got totaled when I ran into the back of a lady stopping in the middle of an intersection on a green-light in the rain. I had to wait a year for my financial situation to improve but finally got my dream-bike. A 2008 MV Agusta R312.
I'd love to have you join us on a ride sometime. Hope you can make it this Sunday.
Sabrina
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

*chamorita*
Emerita

#9 Post by *chamorita* » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Welcome to CU!!! Hope to ride with ya soon.. Try to come Sunday for the all girls ride.
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#10 Post by HoneyBadger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 am

Welcome to the forum!

Sunday's ride should be a great one - just us ladies, and an amazing route. Well worth the trip, with a pool at the end!!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

Motomom
Emerita

#11 Post by Motomom » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:01 am

Hi There and welcome, welcome, welcome!! I look forward to meeting you soon!! :grin:
Tina....

Settle for nothing, Strive for everything!!

lucat

#12 Post by lucat » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 am

Thanks all of you for your warm welcomes and support for coming on Sunday's ride!! I am very on the fence because the cbr's seat is amazingly hot; I simply cook 'down there' and until I can deal with it...no go for a long ride. Yesterday I put a silicon baking thing under the seat...today will see if any improvement! What I need is a high tech heat barrier fabric...(I think). But anyway, I would have about 3 hours extra riding just to get to and from where the ride starts...so am a little dubious. But....HAVE FUN!!!

Fanny Fligurl
President

#13 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 am

Hmmmm...have you had your CBR checked out for that? I roll an '07 CBR, and have never experienced the "fire from down under". :lol: That's usually an "Italian thing", so I'm surprised to hear you have a flaming Japanese seat.

Stay tuned for July's ride, as I think our veteran member Rachelle (Chill) has some interesting roads in store.
:grin:
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Hurricane
CU Supporter

#14 Post by Hurricane » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 am

Welcome to the forum Lucy and in hopes to meet you soon! Im Jessica, I used to also own a CBR, (the pretty thing in my avatar), and even with placing a slip on exaugsht without replacing back the heat gaurd I never felt the heat. I roll on a 09 GSXR750 now but I'll be absent for the ride this Sunday if you changed your mind and decided to go it will be FUN that's a garentee!
"When in fear, Shift a gear"

butterfly
Contributing Member

#15 Post by butterfly » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 am

welcome to the forum lucy :))