Helmet HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

gixxergrl02

#16 Post by gixxergrl02 » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:34 pm

I have short hair. When I take off my helmet I carry some pomeade in my bike, It helps "calm" my hair down and it looks like I had just fixed it!

Dragonhawk

#17 Post by Dragonhawk » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:39 pm

So, yesterday, I took my first ride since my accident on Sunday.

When I put my helmet on, it was shaped funny.

I was so upset! I knew I hadn't hit my helmet! Did I? Was something wrong with the liner?

Took it off to inspect. All looked fine.

Put it on again. Same lump. Right on the back of my... head...

I reached up and felt my ponytail band.

Duh.

Pulled the band lower (like I ALWAYS wear it under the helmet) and the helmet slid on as comfortably as always.

Gosh, I can be such a dork sometimes.
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
- Timothy Leary

MistrissKittie
Curvalicious

#18 Post by MistrissKittie » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:12 am

Dragonhawk wrote:Gosh, I can be such a dork sometimes.
LolLol LolLol
ImageImage

Lil Brat

#19 Post by Lil Brat » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:59 pm

I feel ya! As much as I make my hair looks cute, once I wear my helmet, the helmet ruins my hair style! :evil: Especially, my front hair becomes funny looking after I take off my helmet! UGH!

I always bring my hot iron+curler with me to fix the problem! rainfro
Being a girl is hard, isnt it?!

~*Brat*~

MistrissKittie
Curvalicious

#20 Post by MistrissKittie » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Yes, being a girl is very hard. I have to keep all my hair supplies at work. So that I can be business like (looking) during the day.

8)
ImageImage

chicklets

#21 Post by chicklets » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:08 am

The first time I rode with my now ex boyfriend on the back seat I had my hair in a ponytail with the tail hanging outside the helmet and not under the jacket. OMG. NEVER AGAIN! All I remember is the pain-the awful pain of trying to brush it out.

Lady's please learn from my experience.

IriDeReD

#22 Post by IriDeReD » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:34 pm

I ride with a low pony tail, and I throw a bandana on as well. It kinda helps, but the main reason I wear it is because if you sweat or if you have hairspray/mousse, or whatever, you can always wash it (if you dont have a removable liner) and your helmet won't get all gross. :wink:

devilgrl

#23 Post by devilgrl » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:12 pm

ducatihottie;
I have naturally curly obnoxious hair, so I feel your pain on this one. I know its a pain in the ass but when I knew I was going to be riding I'd blow-dry my hair straight and just braid it. Always made things easier. Otherwise I'd tie it into the smallest ponytail I could and carry a boatload of clips and bobbypins for the unruly parts after helmet removal.
-devilgrl

Nut'nBitch

#24 Post by Nut'nBitch » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:07 am

Shave yer head, that'll fix it....

I put the "fun" in dysfunctional!

ladyPINKpanther

hair!!!

#25 Post by ladyPINKpanther » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:34 am

Ya. yall got it easy.. us girls with "afro" hair have it the worst in a helmet. My hair, being that I am half black, decides to look however it wants at free will....unless I used half a bottle of hair spray and 1/2 a pound of gel!! nothin' works on this mane BABY!!..I just have to deal with however it looks after the helmet comes off..a disaster. mmmRRRRRR.
05' Suzuki GSX-R 600
Lovin' It!

Indy

#26 Post by Indy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:40 pm

Holy crap.....How did I miss this post????

..I guess I just stay away from the whole "women's riders" section????

.... Lucky for me... I'm a dude!!! I can get away with "helmet hair".... i just keep a hat or a rubberband with me!
... It's just Brit

Big Cory
CU Supporter

Re: hair!!!

#27 Post by Big Cory » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:41 pm

ladyPINKpanther wrote:Ya. yall got it easy.. us girls with "afro" hair have it the worst in a helmet. My hair, being that I am half black, decides to look however it wants at free will....unless I used half a bottle of hair spray and 1/2 a pound of gel!! nothin' works on this mane BABY!!..I just have to deal with however it looks after the helmet comes off..a disaster. mmmRRRRRR.
Let me see, rides an 05 red suzuki and is half black,

You have to be the little sister that I never had, lol

And Indy, I only even looked in here to see what you wrote.

Now on topic

Myself, I wear a skull wave cap to keep my waves for the babes hooked up at all times.
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

750Angel

#28 Post by 750Angel » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:27 pm

ladyPINKpanther wrote:Ya. yall got it easy.. us girls with "afro" hair have it the worst in a helmet. My hair, being that I am half black, decides to look however it wants at free will....unless I used half a bottle of hair spray and 1/2 a pound of gel!! nothin' works on this mane BABY!!..I just have to deal with however it looks after the helmet comes off..a disaster. mmmRRRRRR.
Well, those of us with true "afro" hair as you call it :roll: , normally wear bandanas to keep the hair in place. The trick is to tie the bandana under the back of your hair not just on the head. This way the tie of the bandana doesnt interfere with the helmet. And when taking the helmet off, start by pulling the helmet off your head from the back not the front or the bandana will come off.
2006 Burg/Blk 750

Big Cory
CU Supporter

#29 Post by Big Cory » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:05 pm

750Angel wrote:
Well, those of us with true "afro" hair as you call it :roll: , normally wear bandanas to keep the hair in place. The trick is to tie the bandana under the back of your hair not just on the head. This way the tie of the bandana doesnt interfere with the helmet. And when taking the helmet off, start by pulling the helmet off your head from the back not the front or the bandana will come off.
no she didnt call out real afros, lol I have seen some REAL afros after taking off a helmet and I wanted to tell them to put the helmet back on, lmao.
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

Flap
Curvalicious

#30 Post by Flap » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:09 pm

Bandana and ponytail - end of story. If I ride I am not trying to win a beauty contest, what do I care, if some guy doesn't look at me thinking how hot I look. :roll: He can think about the importance of that when he tries to keep up with me... :mrgreen: :LoL
750Angel wrote:And when taking the helmet off, start by pulling the helmet off your head from the back not the front or the bandana will come off.
If you can do that then your helmet is too loose... :wink:
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)