ICON Mil-Spec Corset - Leads & Sweeps

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Fanny Fligurl
President

ICON Mil-Spec Corset - Leads & Sweeps

#1 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 am

Hey girls. This is the vest I was talking about. It's perfect for our leads & sweeps, especially for our 70+ group rides. I bought it one size larger, as reviews stated it runs a little small. $65 on every site, but KneeDraggers.com has free shipping!
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Hekele
CU Supporter

Re: ICON Mil-Spec Corset - Leads & Sweeps

#2 Post by Hekele » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:08 pm

I like it!!
Hekele(Heather)

NinjaMama
Vice President

#3 Post by NinjaMama » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Ditto!
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.

butterfly
Contributing Member

#4 Post by butterfly » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:00 am

nice!!!!! :)

chiconaduc
CU Supporter

#5 Post by chiconaduc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:00 pm

Would we put a patch on the back of them?
Wren
Kiss French, eat Italian, ride British!

"Curve: The loveliest distance between two points." -Mae West

Fanny Fligurl
President

#6 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:22 pm

chiconaduc wrote:Would we put a patch on the back of them?
Perhaps below the reflective portion as to not hinder the vest's safety property. Screenprinting may be a better option? Safety first! :lol: :wink:
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

maygoddess

#7 Post by maygoddess » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:22 am

Ladies...I just called my buds at Suicycle in Citrus Heights. I always priced out my Icon items with them as they discount. Bill will do $55 total..no tax on that. Of course they don't ship..so would have to drive out.

only issue is he shows Parts Unlimited has it on BO until July 22nd. They have the XS/S in stock at PU..not the larger 2 sizes..so may be that other online retailers have them. I got mine from chapparal but that was when they first came out and had a 2 month wait! Almost forgot about it until it showed up one day in the mail!

Also..some online shops may in fact wait to order it from PU until they get a sale for it..so check their TRUE availability.

I can bring mine to the July ride if you all want to check it out and try it on. I have the XL/2XL. I tried the M/L and returned it..felt it was too small over my jackets.

:-)

PattyA

maygoddess

#8 Post by maygoddess » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:28 am

Forgot to mention..if you don't find it from an online retailer in stock..check ebay..saw some there as well..some may have in stock..some offer free shipping..all same price.

If you have trouble finding one..back ordered until July..and want to get it from Suicycle..let me know..I have to go there and pick up the donation for the BBQ at some point before the BBQ..so can always go and grab vests if you order it..just need to put it on order with them!

PattyA

Fanny Fligurl
President

#9 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 pm

I originally placed my order through KneeDraggers, but they called Tuesday and told me the L was on backorder. I cancelled, then found it IN STOCK at Motorcycle Supertore.com. UPS should be dropping it on my doorstep today, size M/L and it fits perfectly over my jacket & track suit.

I noticed that every single etailer has a different sizing matrix. As per ICON, the sizing is as follows: XS/S, M/L, XL/2X .

I'll wear mine to the July Ride since I'm sure I'll be leading or sweeping a group (I loooooooooooove the July route Rachelle will be post soon). Patty, if you're comfy sweeping a group then wear yours too. We can use it as a test case, and get feedback from our lovely female riders.

maygoddess

#10 Post by maygoddess » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:01 am

I will bring the vest for the other girls to try on and not sure if I am comfy yet leading or sweeping but can loan it out for the day to someone who is!! :-)

PattyA

HoneyBadger
Contributing Member

#11 Post by HoneyBadger » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 am

The vests are very cool! Love 'em!
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul." ~Unknown

2017 Kawasaki ZX10R (race)
2016 Kawasaki ZX10R (street/B bike)

My Journey Towards Road Racing Blog:
http://honeybadger302.blogspot.com/?m=1

Fanny Fligurl
President

#12 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks to some savvy online scouting by Patty A. and your conservatively frugal President, we now have 10 of these on the way. I purchased two of each size, ranging from SM to 2X with a note that states they run large. They are hi-viz (florescent) just like the Icon version.

Best part about this.....We averaged $14.65 each (tax & shipping included), whereas the Icon Corset would have been $60-$90 each, depending on retailer. This fits our needs w/o breaking the bank.

TOTAL: $146.45 for ten pieces
Attachments
Pink Safety Vest.jpg
Pink Safety Vest.jpg (26.58 KiB) Viewed 5959 times

NinjaMama
Vice President

#13 Post by NinjaMama » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 pm

BTW - I contacted 3M and they're sending me a sample of some highly-reflective silver/gray material that we could have screen-printed with our logo and sewn onto whatever vest we prefer to use. I'll bring the sample to our next meeting if it gets here in time.
S.
Sabrina fair...
Listen where thou art sitting
under the glassie, cool, translucent wave,
in twisted braids of lillies knitting
the loose train of thy amber-dropping hair.

My Avatar is by http://enayla.deviantart.com/. She painted the entire image with Photoshop and a graphics tablet. Do yourself a favor and click on her name.