Young Racing Phenom Happens to be Female

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

MistrissKittie
Curvalicious

Young Racing Phenom Happens to be Female

#1 Post by MistrissKittie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:24 pm

Elena Myers just might turn out to be a future Valentino Rossi-- or would that be Valentina?? hehe

I was born :: November 21st 1993 in Mt. View, California
I live in :: Northern California with my Mom and Dad and younger sister Sara

Race influences :: Valentino Rossi and John Hopkins

Hobbies :: I have fun hanging out with friends and playing sports like Basketball and of course, playing MotoGP on PS2.

My favorite music is :: Pop

My favorite food is :: Italian, Japanese, Mexican, just about everything

Racing History :: Turned Expert in 2004

I first Started riding at the age 8 on a little 50cc minibike my dad got me. I didn't really like it at first so we sold it and got a couple of Go-Ped Goquads. After riding around on the mini karts I got kinda bored so we sold those and that's when we discovered pocket bikes. My dad started a pocketbike racing club where we live and I began to compete. It took me a little while to get used to a small pocket bike but after a few months of practice at our local track, we went down to So Cal where I won my first junior pocket bike race. From there it was just practice, practice, practice. That first year of racing I became the PBRN West Coast junior champion and our club's (WCMRA) junior champion. In-between the pocketbike racing I got my first taste of a shifter bike. I got a Kawasaki KX60 and began to do a little Flat track and Supermoto racing, which was a lot of fun. After you learn to shift a bike it's hard to go back to pocketbikes so it was Motard for me for the next year. In 2003 I raced in SupermotoUSA's superlightweight class. For half the year I rode the KX60 but by mid season we got a brand new Suzuki RM85. That year I finished 3rd in the championship against 2 national supermoto champs. It was a fun season and I learned a lot. I really love the pavement and it's where I do the best so for 2004 I began to concentrate more on road racing. There was a new mini road race club starting at our local track called the SMRRC so we joined and I began racing my RM85, which by now was built up mainly for road racing. I also raced a Honda XR100 in two classes as well. 2004 was such an awesome year, I met some great friends and had a great time. That year I won 3 championships, an endurance race, and became the youngest female road racer in American history to ever win a 80cc Expert title!

What's up for 2006?

Well, it's a new year and I'm on a new team, Roadracing World.com's team 'Kids: Don't Smoke!'. I'll be racing my RS125 GP bike in the WERA West series along with selected West Coast USGPRU national events. It's going to be an exciting new year with a great team and opportunity. I want to thank John for believing in me and giving me this chance of a lifetime. Stay tuned for some great results!

Check more of her out at www.elenamyers.com
ImageImage

Jezebel
CU Supporter

#2 Post by Jezebel » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:03 am

Now thats the kinda shit that just brings a happy tear to my eye
The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns you more than him.

Big Cory
CU Supporter

#3 Post by Big Cory » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:14 am

you need to get some curve unit stickers on her bike quickly
Big Cory
SBFreaks MC
National Treasurer

Flap
Curvalicious

#4 Post by Flap » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:00 am

Wow, way to go! I hope she finds sponsors that will stay tuned with her, the last great woman racer (I think her name was Nina something, I can't remember names) lost her sponsor and that was that.
Go Elena! 8)
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)

HeathersWheels

#5 Post by HeathersWheels » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks for sharing I look forward to following her career! :D

Cashie
CU Supporter

#6 Post by Cashie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:46 pm

I love reading about awesome women like this! Keep it coming.

Don't put a saddle on a horse that can't be tamed. There's something beautiful about a free spirit.

Saving the world, one computer at a time.

http://www.steacy.biz

H.D.30-06

#7 Post by H.D.30-06 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:43 pm

Yes yes keep that info coming.
RIDE RIDE GOTTA RIDE !!!
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
2001 H.D. 1200 Sportster(sold)
2008 Suzuki DL650 vstrom (R.I.P)
2011 Kawasaki Versys 650
Mike

*chamorita*
CU Supporter

#8 Post by *chamorita* » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:12 pm

Awesome.. I wish I was that young when I started riding... I could of been a racer by now... lol.. In my dreams.... lol...
Desiree
2003 CBR F4i Silver & Black BABY