Tall chix gear

Post your technique questions here!

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

RedPeppr

Tall chix gear

#1 Postby RedPeppr » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:34 am

Anyone know where to get tall chicks gear? Im 6' and ive tried on numerous womens leathers that are all WAY to short and mens well they dont fit right either :( Anyone know of any off name brands that carry gear for tall chicks? I have nuthing against getting mens gear but I would really love it to fit right.

So far Ive found icon super duty womens gloves that fit and some frank thomas lethers that almost fit

Any ideas or suggestions would help!

--RedPeppr

Flap
Curvalicious

#2 Postby Flap » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:25 am

The only brand that I know that fits tall and slim women, too is not available in the US.

Same problem for me, skinny and tall, only custom leathers would solve it for me, but since I dread the big $$$ I have chosen a compromise. A little too large around the "lower back", but suspenders have fixed those looks pretty well.

I have found very few womens leathers with full protectors, most of those seem to be designed for non-riding chicks to look good instead of offering racetrack compatible protection. And the ones they got are too close to "one-volume-fits-all", none of those ever fit me.

Take a mens 98 or 100, some companies offer those (tall cut).
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)

Fresh

#3 Postby Fresh » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:11 am

Find Letty AKA 1hotRN on this subject.
The pain of failure gives one the strength to succeed.

CBRina
Curvalicious

#4 Postby CBRina » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:40 pm

Teknic, makes a ladies suit that fits well. of course i'm 5'8, not as tall as you gals, but its been a challenge.

If you can find a line that make female versions of the male line then get the jacket in a female size and the pants in a male size. that may do it for ya.

other wise.. custom... Letty has info. on that. i think you should specify thicknees of leather if you can. especially if you plan on being on the track at real high speed.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

electricldr

looking for the same info...

#5 Postby electricldr » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:37 pm

If you find any good info on this, please let me know. I'm 6'0" and am having the same problem.
I've got a good Icon jacket, but want to get some leathers and am dreading it since I know how tough it is to find gear for women, let alone tall women.

If I find any valuable info Ill be sure to pass it on.

Cheers,
L

karayzieho

#6 Postby karayzieho » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm 5'11" and a size 4, so have similar problems. Men's gear is too big, ladies' gear is too short. I've decided to invest in custom leathers. I'm very concerned about proper gear, and have been told by more than a few pro and recreational racers that properly fitting gear is critical in minimizing injury during a crash.

You have a lot more riding experience than I do, though, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. My interests include just riding around and having fun, but I'd love to try out some track days someday too.

So I'm currently designing my first set of leathers from http://www.zoonileathers.com/. I've been fitted and will be submitting my design to Juan on Monday. The whole process should take about a month. I really, really, REALLY hope that what I've designed doesn't look lame, because for the money I'll be spending I better LOVE IT!!!! But, you know, it is for the protection, not the style, ahem... ;)

But I'll let you all know how it goes. My colors: white, black, silver, and a dash of hot pink... :) Gotta be a girl, but I just didn't want to go too "sportbike barbie..."

Christie
2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600, 2003 SV650S Race Bike
http://www.passedbyachick.com

electricldr

To Christie...

#7 Postby electricldr » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:28 pm

Once you receive your leathers maybe you could post a reply to let us know how they fit (and look). I'd love to get some tall chick feedback on some custom made gear.

Cheers,
Lora

Return to “Riding Tips, Tricks, and Advice”