New Design for Hayabusa - finally

Let's keep this section for moto-talk only folks.

Moderators: NinjaMama, Fanny Fligurl, Officers

Flap
Curvalicious

New Design for Hayabusa - finally

#1 Post by Flap » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:25 am

Hey,

the new 08 Hayabusa has some nice design changes, making it look more like a bike vs. what it looks like so far (*lol*, sorry Cory):

They will also have a switch for different mappings, finally following the smaller GSXR with that.

If they keep developing like that and Kawasaki keeps building pieces of crap like the ZX14R, the new Haya might just be my next bike.

Hugs to CU,
Jana, who flies back on Saturday
http://www.myspace.com/tkdflap
-------------------------------------------
"Idiots are fun - no wonder every village wants one..." :mrgreen:
(House)

Jezebel
CU Supporter

#2 Post by Jezebel » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:18 am

That's a nice looking bike! But then again, I always think all of the bikes look nice :)

Jana - where are you flying back to?
The fire you kindle for your enemy often burns you more than him.

Jello_Biafra

#3 Post by Jello_Biafra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:21 pm

Um.. careful what you say about the ZX-14. There's a member here that happens to ride one. He also happens to be a power lifter..

Like the new design. The Suzuki site has some more shots. Definitely more 'Gixxer-like".

Flap
Curvalicious

#4 Post by Flap » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:52 pm

"He" can lift whatever he wants, I am not impressed and the ZX series happens to be my expertise. For sport riding style it is CRAP, it is good for drag races or the German Autobahn. End of story, unless you work on it with perfect aftermarket parts it will remain that way.

@Jez:
Back to San Francisco, we are still in Europe, I scored the job I was trying to get, but can't write about it on a public board. See you girls on a CU meeting before we leave and I'll tell you about it. ;)
(House)

Fanny Fligurl
President

#5 Post by Fanny Fligurl » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Although it's a step up from previous models, I still think it looks like a BURNT MARSHMELLOW!

No offense Joseph, and all other Busa riders. I'll stick to slim and trim, and you big boys can rock the plumpness!

;-) Amy
Humanity is a terrible thing to waste. Be patient, treat others with respect, and ride like you borrowed it indefinitely!

Jello_Biafra

#6 Post by Jello_Biafra » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:57 pm

I'm just kidding Flap. He's a giant teddybear, even when it comes to his baby.

Ash

#7 Post by Ash » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:40 pm

I'll agree, it is more typical GSXRish but the passanger seat cowel still makes it look like a camel though...

Better but still not my kind of bike.
~Ashloo

Lance~ZX14

#8 Post by Lance~ZX14 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Flap wrote:"He" can lift whatever he wants, I am not impressed and the ZX series happens to be my expertise. For sport riding style it is CRAP, it is good for drag races or the German Autobahn. End of story, unless you work on it with perfect aftermarket parts it will remain that way.
Wow, I guess “He” can lift whatever he wants and I am very positive that “He” would care less as to whom is impressed or not. Especially since “He” is me. :shock:

As far as track weapons, both the Busa and ZX14 are over bloated pigs. However, CRAP neither is. I very much enjoy my 14 and I am still learning it’s (as well as my own) limits. Later this month will be my first track day with it and I am very much looking forward to a day of learning and enjoyment with my friends and fellow riders. Regardless of what CRAPPY little CC bikes they might be on…. (I’m sure I will have a good view of them as they pass me in the tight turns….)
http://www.myspace.com/bigsid1601

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy!!!

Canyon Carvers

Flap
Curvalicious

#9 Post by Flap » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 pm

(oops, double clicked "send") :oops:
Last edited by Flap on Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(House)

Flap
Curvalicious

#10 Post by Flap » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:10 pm

The ones who can read precisely what I wrote are having a clear advantage: ;)
"For sport riding style" not in general....plus, I wasn't the one who started with the lifting stuff, so address Jello Biafra who wrote that, not me, mediocre jokes get mediocre answers. :roll:

You might have read that I pointed out the drag and speed qualities, but it seems more compelling to pick up the only word you did not like without paying attention to the context.

I ride an "overbloated pig" myself 8) (*lol* I loved that one) and shed weight and changed numerous parts to gain performance for exactly that reason. One of our top notch tuners in Germany, Michael "Chico" Geiger, regularly blew away liter bikes in the "Open Class" races with his modified version of the ZX12R, but - as I said - with lots of different parts and serious modifications to improve the outrageous weight problem and put the enormous horse power and torque to work on the track.

None of us are even close to MotoGP artists and looking at your picture it is clear why you ride a big bike, a small bike would not make you happy, you could probably pick it up and carry it to the track. :mrgreen:

Let's say that it is just "my" opinion, I rode it for two weeks and would have had to put at least 5-7K into it to make it agile and more suitable for track riding. Which does not mean that the bike can't be fun, it all depends on what level you are and how serious your track ambitions might be.

Different gear for different riders - normal. What annoyed me was the hidden "don't say that cause he is a strong guy" type of argumentation, definitely still not argumentative impressive and it did not make me laugh when talking about compatability in regards to the very sporty rider. :silly :LoL

On the other hand I am wondering how you cope with the tight seat position and the angle of your knees on it, it just about fits me and I am only 5'8, you look taller and if you ride with that angle you will have a hard time on the track. But - once again - depends on what you want to achieve.
I am no "Chico" Geiger and it is quite possible that a well ridden 250 kills me in the turns, that doesn't even take a 600cc bike, but they sure do have a hard time due to the useful modifications.

It for once would be nice to be able to talk about bike stuff and not get personal, I don't care for that and I prefer to talk bikes and equipment, not people and their personal image problems or whatever it might be. Meant truly friendly, but in future I will write about new advancements and/or performance related topics on boards where I don't get stuff like this, sorry girls, but I don't need this, as much as I love CU.
(House)

Lance~ZX14

#11 Post by Lance~ZX14 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:18 pm

No worries, Peace to you and yours... :D

Canyon Carvers

Lance~ZX14

#12 Post by Lance~ZX14 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:35 pm

And as far comfort, I love this bike. The most I have done in one day was just over 350 miles, no issues. I am 6'1" and a slim 290 pounds :D Thus the extra size and power of this bike is better suited for me.

Well Flap, I hope you have a awesome day across the pond... :LoL

Canyon Carvers

Indy

#13 Post by Indy » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:00 pm

Whatup Flap
... It's just Brit

Jello_Biafra

#14 Post by Jello_Biafra » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:11 pm

Flap wrote:None of us are even close to MotoGP artists
Speak for yourself. :x

Flap
Curvalicious

#15 Post by Flap » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:37 pm

Lance, no stress, it is all good, hope you have a great track day, ty for the message. :)

Indy! Hope you are happy and that I get to see you and Jessi again soon. I am so happy now, because I get to keep my bike after all, but I'd rather tell you guys myself at another CU meet. 8)

Biafra...whatever. Go beat Rossi, but I doubt you will even get remotely close to Hofmann. :lol: :roll:
(House)